[SOLVED] Wireless Speed Issues

tinkinc

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
Hello,
I am having wireless speed issues. I run a pretty powerful PC but had to put a tp-link archer t6e ac1300 as the build PC didn't have one and all i get is around 12mbps. Our house also has a pretty ok laptop and the laptop generates around 70mbps when i run a speed test off that from an even further distance away. Anyway I can get my desktop to be as fast as the laptop without having to run Ethernet cables. its frustrating. thanks

Solution
Hello,
I am having wireless speed issues. I run a pretty powerful PC but had to put a tp-link archer t6e ac1300 as the build PC didn't have one and all i get is around 12mbps. Our house also has a pretty ok laptop and the laptop generates around 70mbps when i run a speed test off that from an even further distance away. Anyway I can get my desktop to be as fast as the laptop without having to run Ethernet cables. its frustrating. thanks
Your PC may have software which impedes speedtest. Things like Killer network software and Asus ROG Game First software will slow speedtest results.
Hello,
What wireless connection speeds do you get on the laptop from the same location as the desktop? Are you connected over the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
Your PC may have software which impedes speedtest. Things like Killer network software and Asus ROG Game First software will slow speedtest results.

Solution