with a non k series intel i5 4690 overclock

Solution

According to the article,it's not possible to increase it even by 400Mhz,on Haswell.
For a locked CPU (Non-K) the only way that I know to OC is to increase the base clock. Bclk is 100 MHz at default, but it can be increased slightly to 103 - 105 MHz, but I would not recommend it. Increasing the Bclk also OC's the RAM, the SATA bus, PCIe bus and all other items that depend on Bclk.

There is one Non-K CPU that can be OC'ed: the Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258.

Yogi

Kylecore

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

You can overclock any processor. The big difference is K series CPU's are meant to be overclocked and come with unlocked multipliers letting you overclock them higher. Its also important to note that K series have been approved for overclocking and have been tested to ensure stability once overclocked (to a degree) where as non K series CPU's are more likely to not be as stable when overclocked, again depending on how high you attempt to overclock

Yup. You CAN overclock it, but you SHOULDN'T.

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012

necroing this thread.You can overclock any intel cpu (i think they dropped support on that for haswell series)that has turbo boost by 4 bins.(0.4Ghz over the turbo boost amount.)Every cpu that is supposedly locked because it doesn't have a k on it,it's called "Limited Unlocked" cpu,do your research boys.A non k intel cpu that has turbo boost can be overclocked by 0.4Ghz over the turbo boost amount.This might help
slide-5.png

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012

i am 99% sure that they removed from haswell processors but let me check again

Update:
yeah they removed it from haswell,so no limited overclocking.It's for Sandy and Ivy only.Sorry
source:http://techreport.com/news/24950/intel-removes-modest-free-overclocking-from-standard-haswell-cpus

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Sorry for the ''thread revive'' but does that mean that OC'ing on non-K CPU's is not even possible by 400 Mhz?

alexakis99

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012

According to the article,it's not possible to increase it even by 400Mhz,on Haswell.

Solution