With which 4GB DDR3 RAM memory modules is my MB G41MT-D3 compatible?

drejon

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Hello,

with which 4GB DDR3 RAM memory modules is my MB GIGABYTE G41MT-D3 compatible please?

Right now I use 2x Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9-9-9-24. A few days ago I bought exactly the same memory model with 4GB - 2x Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9-9-9-24, but they do not work (MB supports 8GB RAM). I tried them both at the same time, each in both slots, combined with the old ones, I checked for BIOS updates and I even cleared the BIOS to be sure, but nothing, only a black screen and fans running.

So what memory should I buy?

Note: Samsung M378B5273BH1-CF8 is listed in the compatibility list, but it is not possible to buy it in my location.

Thanks!

drejon

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
The MB downgrades 1333 to 1066, that is ok. But if I understand correctly, you are saying that even if I manage to find compatible 4GB modules that the result will be pretty much the same as with the 2GB ones? That doesn't sound right.

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Sorry, but I'm not quite clear on what you tried. You had 2x 2GB installed originally and added the new 2x 2GB and it wouldn't POST?

I'd pull the original 2x 2GB and try booting with one of the new DIMMs in the slot recommended for single-DIMM operation (check your manual). Next, pull that one and try the other new DIMM. If one fails, you have a bad DIMM; if both fail, they're incompatible: in either of these cases, you should exchange or return them. If both work in the one slot, try both together in the slots the originals were in. If that works, go into BIOS and lower the RAM frequency one step (i.e 1066 -> 800) then install the original pair in the other slots.

drejon

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
No, I replaced the 2GB ones with 4GB modules (the same model). I already tried all of those combinations, if I insert a 4GB module, no matter the slot, my PC doesn't boot (fans are running, but I see only a black screen). I already returned them, I just don't know what sticks to buy that will work.