Wizardry Reboot Gets MMORPG in 2012 Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
"Back in March, we reported that the Wizardry franchise was returning after a 10-year hiatus. The disappointing aspect about the report was that the new installment would arrive this Spring only on the PlayStation Network. Called Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, it wouldn't be anything like the classic PC games that put Wizardry on the map, offering up instead Anime/Manga-style characters rather than the traditional designs conjured up by artists here in the States"

um, yea. i just looked up game play for wizardy (pc) and ps3... it seams that you are only pi$$y about it becuse it uses an anime art style, WHICH DOESN'T DEFINE A GAME. game play wise, the games look almost the same (besides generation games in hardware)

than you go on about how the mmo brings hope... while you were bashing the art of the psn one, and complaining about game play (which looks the SAME to my eyes) and than an mmo incarnation wont have the same game play, and some how you aren't complaining about the art style even though it looks like an anime in 3d (minus cell shading)

at least be consistent in complaining...

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
The character models look pretty disappointing. Reminds me of a rip off of something Square would have created, only, being a cheap knock-off and all, losing a good deal of artistic flavor. Look at those little Taru wannabe guys... I mean, wow! that's some pretty lame character model work!

heerobya

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Permadeath would only work if there is absolutely no leveling/skilling.

Also will require perfect implementation, zero lag, and no bugs/exploits that would unfairly kill players.

I predict a massive fail.

heerobya

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
You don't do permadeath because it actively discourages players from taking risks, trying new things, and having FUN!

PvP in a permadeath game? No thanks! Make the game challenging? Sure. Tedious and overly punishing just because they can't come up with something original and challenging that isn't merely poor design wrapped in grind-heavy mechanics? No thanks.

G

If the series is getting a reboot, at least do it justice with a PC single-player RPG. Wait, no, that won't make any money. Let's do a crappy console-only game and a crappy MMO instead. Please take me back to the gaming golden era of the 80s/90s when games were made out of passion, not just for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.