Wolfenstein Multiplayer Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
This isn't gonna cost them anything. If anything it'll make people to go want and buy the game if it's any good. And to play online isn't a simple thing so those that do will probably know and understand what a beta is.

Once this game goes online they'll have servers that do key checks and things like that. And if you havn't realized this yet you can't get past those. Well you can but only by playing on pirated servers which has even more hackers then normal.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Since the game is unfinished, if people play it and don't like things (that may very well be changed in final version) it's bad publicity. Unfinished products usually aren't that great.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]This isn't gonna cost them anything. If anything it'll make people to go want and buy the game if it's any good. And to play online isn't a simple thing so those that do will probably know and understand what a beta is. Once this game goes online they'll have servers that do key checks and things like that. And if you havn't realized this yet you can't get past those. Well you can but only by playing on pirated servers which has even more hackers then normal.[/citation]

Agreed. +1 ^

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
From what I've heard on the community forums, they've made the game into a CoD clone? That's a real shame...

I think they would probably care about the leak if the game, especially the multiplayer, isn't any good. If you look in their community forums that seems to be the overall sentiment. It's a real shame considering how fun the multiplayer for RTCW and ET were.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
From what I've heard on the community forums, they've made the game into a CoD clone? That's a real shame...

I think they would probably care about the leak if the game, especially the multiplayer, isn't any good. If you look in their community forums that seems to be the overall sentiment. It's a real shame considering how fun the multiplayer for RTCW and ET were.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]From what I've heard on the community forums, they've made the game into a CoD clone? That's a real shame...I think they would probably care about the leak if the game, especially the multiplayer, isn't any good. If you look in their community forums that seems to be the overall sentiment. It's a real shame considering how fun the multiplayer for RTCW and ET were.[/citation]

Proves Dekasav's point, now you already have a mindset before you even see a review of the actual finished product. Other people may already consider not buying it, even if the final intended product actually turns out to be great.

maisere

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
This may cause a stir as people have a chance to look at the part of the game which keeps people coming back (I play online almost daily but wont play through a single player more than once a year for a really good game).

The question is do they simply ignore any response and release a game with all the fixes they were originally going to put in but no response to any gameplay problems (Vista approach) or take what the file sharers say, release a public multiplayer beta with gameplay fixes and then blog about all the tiny little changes that people will like until release (Win7 approach).

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Ummm... why would they care this much about the leak? Isn't this free publicity and advertising?[/citation]
Did you ever see Return to Castle Wolfenstein? They released a multiplayer demo before the actual game, convinced me I didn't need to pay for the full thing. Hopefully, however, this new game will be better.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]amnotanoobie[/nom]Proves Dekasav's point, now you already have a mindset before you even see a review of the actual finished product. Other people may already consider not buying it, even if the final intended product actually turns out to be great.[/citation]

I agree to a certain extent though how much is going to change in a few weeks? In a leaked beta this late in the game I couldn't imagine any big changes. Could be an older beta version though.

The only reason I chimed in on this is because I've been a huge fan of the last 2 iterations in this series. I've seen comments in their forums from people I used to play with back in the day and I tend to trust their judgment more than some random poster.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Dekasav[/nom]Since the game is unfinished, if people play it and don't like things (that may very well be changed in final version) it's bad publicity. Unfinished products usually aren't that great.[/citation]

remember when an unfinished wolverine movie got leaked. FOX freaked out, took legal action, and warned people that it was an unfinished movie so it might be bad. well even after release it was absolutely horrible.iD might be worried about the reception.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Just thinking out loud...

I love the Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW) multi demo from years past when we stormed the beach while another team defended the documents in the basement. Many fun hours reviving people as a medic.

"Medic! I need a medic!"
"Rauf Move!!"

Hope this is as good.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Dekasav[/nom]Since the game is unfinished, if people play it and don't like things (that may very well be changed in final version) it's bad publicity. Unfinished products usually aren't that great.[/citation]
it's being released in three weeks supposedly, how unfinished can it be?

[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]Just thinking out loud...I love the Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW) multi demo from years past when we stormed the beach while another team defended the documents in the basement. Many fun hours reviving people as a medic."Medic! I need a medic!""Rauf Move!!"Hope this is as good.[/citation]
Good times.

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
yeah exactly, what if by the time they actually catch my ass i bought the real thing lol. up thiers. . . .

Hey ID come get me, this wont be the first wolfenstien i downloaded before it came out, or ID game for that matter, i do have a retail copy of one still lying around somewhere lol.

and btw that wolverine movie still made millions at the box office. . . probably a few more million due to the news and everyone that made such a fuss about it being pirated so, . . .

any publicity is good publicity duh!

G

Hence most of the time this happens, its because of an unhappy employee or an employee that could make money by doing that....

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Even though it may only be a couple weeks away from release, the MP build that was leaked could be much, much older. I think it can make things even worse actually if it's old and extra buggy, etc., because people will just assume it's a recent build and think that it's not nearly ready for release and so not buy.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I don't know if you guys can remember but around the time of DOOM 3 there was a alpha leak of the game. It had only one level but frankly it looked even better then the final game. + there was that awesome cut scene where the zombie commando dude with the chainsaw would walk up slowly and say "I smelll fear" uuuhh goosebumps back then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.