WolframAlpha is the World's Greatest Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoette

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
"So what’s could anyone be thinking when trying to launch a brand new ‘search’ engine?"

Another stupid slip.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
It has the answer for: "tairspeed velocity of an unladen swallow."

It also does: "the meaning of life, the universe, and everything." But then, so does google.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
It's so advanced, I don't even know where to begin on using it! I mean, it kind of scares me lol.

But I probably will reference this to check some of my answers to Calculus problems.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]jgoette[/nom]"So what’s could anyone be thinking when trying to launch a brand new ‘search’ engine?"Another stupid slip.[/citation]
Keep up the good work! (I'm not kidding)

I totally got tired of trying to get these guys to proof read their work, so I just ignore it now. At least someone picked up where I left off.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
That's actually a pretty awesome site. PDFs export in nice vector quality too. They didn't skimp on the quality. I had a problem downloading my first PDF but I guess it was a fluke for that specific one. For now, my only complaint is that I can't control the axis sizes for graphing. There's probably a way and I just can't figure it out. They should implement an easy way to do it though.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Mathematica FTW! I loved that program in college, especially the pirated version on my computers so I didn't have to spend 4 years in the computer labs.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
i remember back in college i visited wolfram research on the web for number theory lessons for my cryptography course . there was a feeling of quality to it . i even got introduced to mersenne primes on their website , and how there was a prize for it and all that .

now i have this feeling that their "computational knowledge engine is a quality product indeed" .

technically it is about the "semantic web " which can help you rather than the myriad websites on the internet .and it is better than wikipedia in some respects .

hats off to wolfram research !

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Brother Shrike[/nom]It has the answer for: "tairspeed velocity of an unladen swallow."It also does: "the meaning of life, the universe, and everything." But then, so does google.[/citation]
LIAR!!! 'there is unfortunately insufficient data to estimate the velocity of an African swallow (even if you specified which of the 47 species of swallow found in Africa you meant)' is NOT an answer, its a cop out.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]It's 4/3 * pi * r^3. They have it as (4 * pi * r^3)/3. How do we get this fixed?[/citation]
Please tell me your kidding. If not, go back to elementary school and review your algebra.

mrgrey

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
Argh, I'm tired, that was supposed to be "two chaotic scatterers in series." That's what happens when you get 4 hours sleep 3 nights in a row.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

Don't give into the temptation. It will only make you more ignorant in the long run. And algebra is nothing for the Mathematica engine, it laughs at differential equations and other higher-level college math subjects.

G

@hellwig: so funny, my 9 years old sister laugh a lot when i show her your comment. It's correct hellwig.

Wolframe is indeed a potential search page. But I also wonder if Google is doing something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.