Won’t Sell Entry-Level Windows Phone 8S in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Who has a windows phone? I honestly do not see anyone walking around with one. Most people at my campus carry around an iphone or a galaxy S3. Windows phone should be the new phone for hipsters.

I tried them out and thought they were alright, but I don't like being original.

G

Can we get HTC in front of the name of the article before I have an aneuryism?

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]Can we get HTC in front of the name of the article before I have an aneuryism?[/citation]

I only clicked because of the error!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]Who has a windows phone? I honestly do not see anyone walking around with one. Most people at my campus carry around an iphone or a galaxy S3. Windows phone should be the new phone for hipsters.I tried them out and thought they were alright, but I don't like being original.[/citation]

Down here in NSW I see a huge mix of high-end Android devices, a lot of iPhones and I've seen quite a few Lumia's around the place.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
My colleague sitting next to me at work has a 8x. It's super cool and througroughly owns my old SII. I like the WP8 system but there are still a few bugs to iron out for MS but in general works far better and faster than both iOS and Android. I'm hoping that our company soon security release WP8 so we can use them as work phones too. Then I'll consider getting one.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]due to the article not being about Apple, Zak didn't even bother completing the title of the article.[/citation]
I think he knew, but did not bother anyways..

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]Who has a windows phone? I honestly do not see anyone walking around with one. Most people at my campus carry around an iphone or a galaxy S3. Windows phone should be the new phone for hipsters.I tried them out and thought they were alright, but I don't like being original.[/citation]

What school do you go to where you see nothing but that? We usually get a mix of Android/Iphones for smartphone users and than some people with older dumb phones. Oddly enough the people with the dumb phones are usually jealous of smart phone users but I have yet to see one have to charge their phone where as I have seen plenty of smartphone owners having to charge their phones in middle of class.

zedon

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Only windows phone I have seen was by our IT person at work.

I should ask how they like it, I'd consider getting maybe their 3rd Gen Win8 phones, hopefully most bugs will be ironed out by then.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Maybe you don't see a lot where you are, but remember that not so long ago, Android phones were a curiosity when everybody had an iPhone, a blackberry or a crappy WinMo phone.
People eventually get bored by what they have (eventhough it is working correctly for them) or think that the grass is greener on the other side. Wait for a few major carriers to offer WP8 devices with contracts or a few large corporations to buy them in masses (because they are probably easyer to manage than Android phones from a security perspective) and the market may change radically.

way to go HTC, you lost at least one sale in my house. My wife had her heart set on the 8S as she did not want a big fully featured smart phone, and the 8s had everything she wanted at a good price point. Looks like it will be the Lumia 810 for us!

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Then your workplace is lacking some thinking smarts.. I hate how windows phone is being seriously underrated!!!! its less open and fragmented as android but ITS WAY BETTER then stupid IOS

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]way to go HTC, you lost at least one sale in my house. My wife had her heart set on the 8S as she did not want a big fully featured smart phone, and the 8s had everything she wanted at a good price point. Looks like it will be the Lumia 810 for us![/citation]
Same here. I don't need a huge phone and I refuse to buy "high-end phones". I want something with decent battery life and the ability to make phone calls. So far, the 2 android "phones" I've had...have been reliable in the "phone" function. Hopefully WP7.8 fixes my HTC Trophy.....if it ever gets released...

g-unit1111

Titan

I went to the Microsoft Store in South Coast Plaza (CA) and the clerk there was showing me some really cool stuff that you could do on Windows Phone. I'm sure it's nothing that you can't do on other phones but this was all built into the operating system with no need for third party apps. I was pretty impressed with what it can do, I will probably get a Lumina when I'm due for an upgrade.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]I went to the Microsoft Store in South Coast Plaza (CA) and the clerk there was showing me some really cool stuff that you could do on Windows Phone. I'm sure it's nothing that you can't do on other phones but this was all built into the operating system with no need for third party apps. I was pretty impressed with what it can do, I will probably get a Lumina when I'm due for an upgrade.[/citation]

LOL, I had a Lumina for a while, it's a decent car, but I fail to see how it's related to the rest of your comment.....I know you meant Lumia by the way.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I meant one of these: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/lumia920/ :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.