Question Wont turn on - Asus ROG GL703V - Diagnostics?

EURO121512

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
Hello everyone!
Ive got my hands on brothers GL703V that only blinks after i press the power button. The keyboard lights up and the power lights up for a second and then it shuts right off. Ive opened the notebook, plugged out the battery and the CMOS. waited after pressing the power button for some seconds... Tried it again with the same results. When all is plugged in together with the apdapter, it shows the battery is full. ive measured the adapter and it gives out a good voltage. The only interraction i can see are the lights and slight little "knack" right before it turns off coming somewhere from middle of the notebook. Can anyone pintpoint me out somewhere? thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
The proper way to discharge the laptop is to disconnect from the wall adapter, power down, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the internal battery for your laptop, then press and hold down the power button on your laptop for 30seconds. Reconnect the internal battery and then try and power up the laptop.

You can also remove all entries under the Battery section listed in Device Manager then reboot the laptop and see if that helps.

That laptop is from 2018, while it's 2024 now, a battery won't last that long. Did you consider replacing the laptop's battery with a genuine part?

EURO121512

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
The proper way to discharge the laptop is to disconnect from the wall adapter, power down, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the internal battery for your laptop, then press and hold down the power button on your laptop for 30seconds. Reconnect the internal battery and then try and power up the laptop.

You can also remove all entries under the Battery section listed in Device Manager then reboot the laptop and see if that helps.

That laptop is from 2018, while it's 2024 now, a battery won't last that long. Did you consider replacing the laptop's battery with a genuine part?
Ive done that already. and i did it again just to convince myself i did it right. I removed the battery (tried also without CMOS battery) held the power button for 2 minutes. Reconnected the battery... boom, same thing. Ive also tried disconnecting the components (RAM, HDD....) with the same result. Is the motherboard dead? after pressing the power button: Keyboard and white power led blinks. Thats it.