Question Wont update...

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Hello all.

My windows 10 PC keeps wanting me to update it. Whether I manually try or shut down and update it won't update. Says it ran into a problem and will revert. What can I do? Thx

Win 10
Ryzen 7 3700x
32 gb ram

Hello all.

My windows 10 PC keeps wanting me to update it. Whether I manually try or shut down and update it won't update. Says it ran into a problem and will revert. What can I do? Thx

Win 10
Ryzen 7 3700x
32 gb ram
If you don't have the latest stable motherboard BIOS version, and latest chipset, network adapter and audio controller drivers from your motherboard's product page installed already, I would make it a point to do that and then try the update again. I've seen a few updates on some systems lately that simply would not work on older BIOS versions or with older driver versions installed. Especially on laptops but on a couple of desktop systems as well.

Reactions: SPECOPS70

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hello all.

Win 10
Ryzen 7 3700x
32 gb ram
Look in update history, can you give us the KB number?
that might help fix problem

this can't hurt
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H2
its latest for about 2 weeks anyway.

Reactions: SPECOPS70