News Working With a $1,400 PC Case: Assembling Singularity Computers’ Spectre III

At $1,400. I'd expect a crystal window, not acrylic. Also titanium not aluminum.

I definitely wouldn't want any branding on a case that expensive. Which quite frankly I hate on computer cases. It seems every case is marred with a company logo or name printed or etched on it.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
At $1,400. I'd expect a crystal window, not acrylic. Also titanium not aluminum.

I definitely wouldn't want any branding on a case that expensive. Which quite frankly I hate on computer cases. It seems every case is marred with a company logo or name printed or etched on it.

Agreed on the branding part. I don't like it either, funnily enough the only case with no branding I've come across is a 40 AUD chinese copy of an NZXT case. That's the one I ended up using.

Bastard2k

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
LOL. They found a way to charge a customer 1400 bucks for unassembled bits from china that cost maybe a couple hundred at most. There is a sucker born every minute. Can I sell you a premium granite case and ship you a box of rocks ?

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Agreed on the branding part. I don't like it either, funnily enough the only case with no branding I've come across is a 40 AUD chinese copy of an NZXT case. That's the one I ended up using.
Many of Fractal Designs cases don't have logos. I have a Define R6 and it has no logo on it. Honestly, never noticed there wasn't one until this thread caused me to look for it.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
LOL. They found a way to charge a customer 1400 bucks for unassembled bits from china that cost maybe a couple hundred at most. There is a sucker born every minute. Can I sell you a premium granite case and ship you a box of rocks ?
It costs money to design and prototype a case. With such low volume for something like this, that cost will be spread over very few units.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
$1400...for a completely non-assembled case...a bunch of delicate pieces...and here's a "review" that's only half finished--because the computer hasn't yet been installed into the $1400, delicate, prone-to-cracking case. Color me completely unimpressed...;)

Why not publish this when you actually finished? My guess: didn't want to make the overly complicated case assembly & installation seem overly complicated. So, Part 1: Assembling the $1400 case; Part 2, putting the computer into the now assembled, delicate, $1400 case. Unusual approach for a case review, imo.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
I have to get one of these so I can bask in its beauty for 1/2 a microsecond each day when I reach under my desk and hit the power button.
It does have a power button,right? Or is that a $300 add-on?
Either way,well worth it!

Reactions: Geezer760

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I have to get one of these so I can bask in its beauty for 1/2 a microsecond each day when I reach under my desk and hit the power button.
It does have a power button,right? Or is that a $300 add-on?
Either way,well worth it!

But it has pretty lights and water, like a fish tank, LOL.

Dreamslacker

Honorable
Oct 23, 2014
Considering the price and the limited run, I'd expect much more polish from the deliverables (and more of these as well).

E.g. The LED strips should have been fully tested, and pre-installed into the channels before shipping out.

I don't expect the strips to overhang the channel as well - they should all have been trimmed nicely to exact lengths and fitted with nice pigtails of exacting lengths to clip together.

There should also be cable retention clips (beefier than the 1000 pack stuff; maybe custom 3D printed?) or carved channels to fit/ route such loose ends/ IO cables across the board.

To me, these little details are what differentiate a high-end bespoke set from a FMCG.

Even with these changes, I'd expect a decent pump unit and possibly a Rad included given the price point as well as miscellaneous accessories like tygon tubing or hose lamps etc.

What a weird article, "this case is about new beginnings, we need to appreciate what we missed during this tragic pandemic!"
proceeds to show you how to assemble a $1400 case that is made of aluminum and acrylic
Also, nobody had personal 3080s to spare? Come on now, quit being stingy! MAKE THE BUILD!

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I know a few people who would buy this because the price means "it must be good, end of story" without checking a single detail on it, and otherwise have the money to burn even if they are (definitely) wrong . Maybe this is the target audience.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welp, I'm gonna have to be the first one to say it, I guess...

Singularity Computers

590g68.jpg