[SOLVED] Workstation for Solidworks

Nov 23, 2020
Hi,

I need workstation for 3d modeling on solidworks.
Budget is around 4k eur.
There are so many tests on solidworks with quadro video cards, but nvidia is stopping the production of this series cards. What should i use for this day build?
Processor i9-10900k
32GB RAM
nvme m2. SSD
Video card???

Solution
While creating model, rotating it and so on, solidworks uses just one CPU core. So processor must be low on core numbers with high clock speed

At the moment. Ryzen 5000 single core performance is better than 10th gen Intel. The gap that Intel had over AMD on the single core performance is now gone.

they didnt stop the card they just renamed it, in 2018 it was the quadro rtx 4,5,6,8000 cards. In 2020 it switched to RTX A6000, that card was just released and doenst have a price yet.

Our CAD guys are still running i7-8700 with quadro K2200 cards, granted they are still on SW 2014.

While creating model, rotating it and so on, solidworks uses just one CPU core. So processor must be low on core numbers with high clock speed

At the moment. Ryzen 5000 single core performance is better than 10th gen Intel. The gap that Intel had over AMD on the single core performance is now gone.

Solution