workstation password

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
I have forgotten my administrator password to logon to my workstation (dumb... yes... i know this). I have another logon ID but it doesn't have admin rights. Is there a way to find out the worstation password without having to reformat and start all over?

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can get a copy of LOphtCrack, copy the SAM file (from the computer that you lost the admin pass) on another computer and crack it with it.

Hope that helps!

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

hypnotic_kumquat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can also install a second copy of NT & go through some file copies... Long story but if you want the gory details I could probably find a link for you.

"Let's take the warning labels off everything and let natural selection clean the gene pool!"

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
<A HREF="http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/Forum5/HTML/016614.html" target="_new">THIS THREAD</A> may be of interest to you! Covers the same thing and has some interesting stuff on it.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
As long as you can log on with something, you can get in. Just do a search for how to hack NT. You should find something on the web in about 5-10 minutes. DONT do anything dumb like reformatting or something.