World of Warcraft Shown Streamed to iPad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

enough of streamed stuff on ipad. if you can stream one thing, you can stream anything. Geeeez.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Can anybody tell me what the point of this useless display of technological "prowess" was? Who cares if the iPad can stream WoW?

What an utterly stupid news item. Tom's is going downhill with all the Apple news lately.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]lihtness[/nom]enough of streamed stuff on ipad. if you can stream one thing, you can stream anything. Geeeez.[/citation]

With a nice bonus latency added for free. And no control whatsoever.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]Bluetooth keyboard would obviously be the way to go here, but it would be unweildy as you'd still have to touch the screen.An interface would have to be made to handle this, somehow replacing hotkeys and maybe using the accelerometer for movement.[/citation]
If I need to carry around a keyboard and mouse for an iPad I might as well get a laptop that can actually run the game and not need to stream it :p

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]Apple has probably just secured another few million unit sales with this video...err.. whoops. It appears this is totally un-necessary. Someone already sells a wow "hut" where you can play wow which has a built in toilet. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10226003-1.htmlI'm sure all the hardcore players already have one.[/citation]

What WoW player uses a stove top? It needs a microwave and a fridge, not a stovetop. Along with your computer heating the place up, a stove top would turn the whole thing into an oven.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I am not saying this is the best use of WoW or iPad but I think the future for tablets is to add functionality, not necessarily replacing anything and serve as a hub or even a terminal for manny other devices not all being PCs. So even the toaster, its fine! There is a lot to explore so I think this is the right idea.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]jecastej[/nom]I am not saying this is the best use of WoW or iPad but I think the future for tablets is to add functionality, not necessarily replacing anything and serve as a hub or even a terminal for manny other devices not all being PCs. So even the toaster, its fine! There is a lot to explore so I think this is the right idea.[/citation]

I agree, cloud computing makes sense for tablets. Gaming (gfx rendering) is probably the most intensive work that a consumer is going to do on a daily basis and users want portable gaming, so this just makes sense. Of course the interface for gaming on a tablet is a different issue.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Hollowtek[/nom]Prove to the world that you have no life, live in your mother's basement, never had sex with anyone other than palmala handerson- there's an app for that.[/citation]

Though it is entirely fun to pick on people about this, that applies way more to a PC gamer sitting next to a big tower and monitor. At least with a platform the size of the iPad 3G, you can sit in a public place near women.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Wow will never be released for the iPad just like it isn't going to be released for the console... I read an interview a while back that made it very clear about the singular use of the PC... if I can find it I will post.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]gilbertfh[/nom]Pretty easy to find interviews about it here is just one that refers to wow being a keyboard based game with large storage requirements and it wouldn't translate well for consoles... IMHO an iPad is closer to a console than it is to a computer.http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/ [...] s-dim.html[/citation]

WTF does that have to do with streaming to an iPad? They're not talking about releasing WoW on the iPad, but streaming it. They're not the same. Blizzard wouldn't have to do anything, nor release anything for this to work. How well it would work is a different story, but when it comes to the topic at hand, what Blizzard said doesn't matter. This is for any game that runs on a computer.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]WTF does that have to do with streaming to an iPad? They're not talking about releasing WoW on the iPad, but streaming it. They're not the same. Blizzard wouldn't have to do anything, nor release anything for this to work. How well it would work is a different story, but when it comes to the topic at hand, what Blizzard said doesn't matter. This is for any game that runs on a computer.[/citation]
You are right thank you for the correction... I should have read it better. Gave you a +1.

G

To solve the problem of not being able to play WoW on an iPad, trying taking a shower, remove the weakly build up of grease from your hair, go to your nearest hook-up joint, picking up a woman (you will be able to recognize them, they have breasts like the ones you're developing), and get laid. Then you don't have to worry about how well WoW plays on an iPad.

G

iPadgames org The 1 site for iPad games
Okay if you are fascinated with the dark side of anyone s life then you will enjoy getting involved with the life of Kiera Vale She wants to go back and discover her
Source : http://www.ipadgamesfree.net

Status
Not open for further replies.