[SOLVED] Worlds worst graphics card

Jul 27, 2018
AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti.

After reading countless forums (after I had purchased, installed and owned for a few months) I realised that this must be the worst GFX card on the market for a 1080. Constant GPU issues, frame drops, random temperature spikes.

I've been monitoring my graphics card for the past few weeks and for a week or two the card will be perfectly fine and operate normally, and then out of nowhere whilst doing my usual routine the temperature spikes to 80C and won't come down until 2 days later and I've read that so many other people have the same issues all whilst running top of the line setups.

My CPU (i7 7700k) will never go over 40C, but despite my water cooling and several fans inside the case the GPU just enjoys spiking for no reason and FPS will drop to 10 or less during this hissy-fit. No matter what I do, no matter the uninstalling of software and hardware, the MoBo switching, nothing prevents this card from having its own way. As I write this the card is idling with one Firefox window open and the card is currently sitting at 77C, 0% usage and my fan speed over 2000RPM whilst my CPU sits at 40C, 1% usage and 1000RPM speed.

hLIt7TO

In short, I need a new GFX Card, any suggestions?

Solution
I bought a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580. All kinds of weird things were happening. First thing I did was remove any of Gigabyte's software. No problems since. Install it to set colors, then delete it. If you're not using it, then I'd at least give Gigabyte a day or two to offer a replacement.
Did you talk to gigabyte about it? Why don't you talk to them about RMA'ing it or have them help you figure out what the problem is? Are other monitoring programs showing the same data? Are you sure that you don't have a virus or something? Sounds like you're a little ahead of yourself here with wanting to buy a new card.

Jul 27, 2018

The graphics card throttles itself at 139MHz no matter what I do. I've gone into my Nvidia control panel to look into it, I've tried overclocking, I've tried max performance, max quality, minimum everything. I've tried playing games on ultra, I've tried playing games on low.
I've ran several virus scans. I've changed Power Supply, I've changed Motherboard, I've tried leaving it off for several days, I've installed internal cooling, I've changed internal cooling, I've changed CPU, I've changed cables. I've searched in hundreds of forums where everyone else had the exact same issue with the exact same card. I've eliminated 99.99% of possible issues.
If you can tell me something else I can possibly do, please be my guest and I will try it. I won't even bother talking to Nvidia warranty services because I can almost guarantee I will get run around for months on end and still have no solution because that's all they do. They throw you around until you give up and spend more money. So why not eliminate that process and just get a new graphics card now rather than wait until their "customer service" pushes me to breaking point.

Tom72468

Reputable
Mar 26, 2016
I bought a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580. All kinds of weird things were happening. First thing I did was remove any of Gigabyte's software. No problems since. Install it to set colors, then delete it. If you're not using it, then I'd at least give Gigabyte a day or two to offer a replacement.

Solution