Question Worried GPU could be on the way out. Need advice before next steps!

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
I have quite an old 'Gaming PC' from 2013 (with a few upgrades).
These are the Seccy specs.

Other day I got a weird 'gpu glitch' when browsing google (nothing crazy looking).
Then it happened again a few minutes ago when I clicked a Reddit video/casual browsing, then both monitors went glitchy, then black, then to the 'gpu glitch' again.
Had to hard power to turn off/restart.

System Maintenance errors s as of today (117, 141, 1a1 Kernel).
Some google posts show it could be GPU but I have no idea.
I did also update to latest GPU Driver earlier on.
GPU-Z data as well if it helps.

I've been meaning to upgrade my PC to a completely new modern RIG, and worried now is the time.
I dont game. I work in 3D so that's what my PC works with. And casual google browsing.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Ive also compressed-air-cleaned my PC just now that was somewhat dusty. Removed GPU, cleaned that.
Unsure if it will be stable but I am writing this from said PC and ok atm...?!

Let me know! :/

Lutfij

Titan
Would you happen to have a video/image of the glitch you speak of? Your speccy doesn't state the make and model of your PSU nor it's age. Please include that. One other thing, you could see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. If so, try updating and see if the issue is alleviated. Mind you a bad quality PSU that's causing the issue will not be alleviated with a BIOS update.

Reactions: white.a.drew
I have quite an old 'Gaming PC' from 2013 (with a few upgrades).
These are the Seccy specs.

Other day I got a weird 'gpu glitch' when browsing google (nothing crazy looking).
Then it happened again a few minutes ago when I clicked a Reddit video/casual browsing, then both monitors went glitchy, then black, then to the 'gpu glitch' again.
Had to hard power to turn off/restart.

System Maintenance errors s as of today (117, 141, 1a1 Kernel).
Some google posts show it could be GPU but I have no idea.
I did also update to latest GPU Driver earlier on.
GPU-Z data as well if it helps.

I've been meaning to upgrade my PC to a completely new modern RIG, and worried now is the time.
I dont game. I work in 3D so that's what my PC works with. And casual google browsing.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Ive also compressed-air-cleaned my PC just now that was somewhat dusty. Removed GPU, cleaned that.
Unsure if it will be stable but I am writing this from said PC and ok atm...?!

Let me know! :/
Have you been maintaing the drivers yourself or have you been letting windows control driver updates?

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
Have you been maintaing the drivers yourself or have you been letting windows control driver updates?

What drivers exactly? GPU?
I hadn't updated GPU drivers in a fair few months. Just did it yesterday.
I had one artifact glitch the other day, decided to update GPU driver yesterday, and it seemed to have become...worse?
I'm currently using integrated CPU Graphics.

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
Would you happen to have a video/image of the glitch you speak of? Your speccy doesn't state the make and model of your PSU nor it's age. Please include that. One other thing, you could see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. If so, try updating and see if the issue is alleviated. Mind you a bad quality PSU that's causing the issue will not be alleviated with a BIOS update.

Hey, sorry here is a screenshot. Also, last night before bed, there was this noise. No idea if GPU though...
Currently using integrated intel CPU GPU for now.

PSU is a rs-500-pcap-i3 500 watt.

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
Does it do it with anything else like gaming or say the Edge brower or Firefox? It could just need a fresh driver install, or the browser might need to a fresh install.

I dont have but atm just normal usage. It happened again so had to remove it.
ATM using integrated CPU GPU.
I't usable for now for what I want. It hopefully gives me time to research a completely new build to purchase...

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
And, no matter what the problem may be, do you have all important data backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the host computer in question?

If not, do so as soon as possible. Verify that the data is recoverable and readable.

Just in case.....

This PSU?

rs-500-pcap-i3 500 watt.

How old? History of heavy gaming use?

So I always have my data backed up to HD.
I do have SSD (with OS/Softwares) backed up to another drive via Macrium.

You're link doesnt work/bring up anything., but yest that's the one.

History of gaming, but a few years ago, for many years.
Bought in, as an upgrade to previous dead GPU funnily enough, 2014.