Question Worth struggling with Coolermaster ML240 Lite?

Aug 25, 2022
Hey guys. long time lurker, first time poster.
I recently built an i5 12400 based rig with the stock cooler. While temps are fine (until I run Cinebench where I reach 98 degrees near the end) the stock fan is unbelievably noisy under load.

I tracked down a Coolermaster ML240 Lite second hand that was unused and I paid the guy a deposit for it so I can test.
Unfortunately, he didn't include an LGA1700 bracket like he promised and I can't fit the cooler.

I can get a bracket from Aliexpress (with a 2 month wait time), but now I'm wondering if I should just ask him to return the deposit and I purchase an aircooler.

I guess my question is, is the ML240 Lite worth the effort to try make work baring in mind I'll be U$40 in when fully paid. This means I need to either buy a 1700 bracket or think of some other way to mount the AIO without it.

PC gear is extremely hard to come by locally and shipping usually kills ordering internationally if not going through Chinese sellers

Aug 25, 2022
2 months wait time?
Nah. I'd just get a good air cooler instead.
Something like Bequiet Dark Rock 4 or similar.

That's the problem, stuff is either really expensive or just unavailable. Currently, there are NO AIOs in stock in my country locally.

Dark Rock 4 from Amazon including shipping comes to U$168.61, jut not worth it.

Locally I can get a Raidmax AC1204, but no idea of performance or if it is compatible with my board or an Antec C400, not sure of compatibility either