Worth the price or not?

So my little brother has a mixed and matched computer of parts that people no longer wanted and parted ways with (I repair computers so I get these) now the problem is he wants an upgrade as his computer is seriously starting to struggle with newer games due to the weak athlon x4 that is in there.

Specs:
Random motherboard
Cm b600 psu
Athlon x4 640
2*4 gb ddr3 1600mhz
Random ssd and hdd
Random huge case
Hyper 212(original) cooler
Radeon hd 7950

He mainly plays overwatch, Guild wars 2, Battlefield 4,... but he wants to play some newer games and games like overwatch and gw2 to not dip down as much due to the huge cpu bottleneck

Problem is he has a limited budget and I found a Msi x58 Pro-e motherboard on ebay for 80 euro + shipping. I already have a i7 920, 950 and 970 (not sure which one still works I'll see when I get it) around and those would be a nice upgrade especially because that motherboard allows overclocking.

Is it worth the price or should I just let him save up a bit more? He has a budget of 150 euro at the moment.

Solution
Neither is a bad option, but there aren't many extras you'll get with the B250 board. It should already come with a new BIOS if it's from a store that moves a decent amount of inventory. The only bad option here is spending money on a dead platform IMO, it's just not worth it
Get a pentium G4560 and cheap mobo IMO, paying 80 euro for an outdated motherboard isn't worth it. You can sell the 8GB of DDR3 you have and make this upgrade cost less than $150, plus he has upgrade paths all the way up to the i7 7700 should he decide to spend more money in the future.

EDIT: If you have access to a skylake processor just in case the BIOS doesn't support Kaby Lake from the factory, this is your best bet

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MGdq7h

I might be able to have someon update the bios for me otherwise hell just have to sell his ram and get the b250 series.

Neither is a bad option, but there aren't many extras you'll get with the B250 board. It should already come with a new BIOS if it's from a store that moves a decent amount of inventory. The only bad option here is spending money on a dead platform IMO, it's just not worth it

Solution