[SOLVED] Worth the upgrade? B360 v Z390?

KHADER87

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
Hi,

I have i7 9700, asus strix 5700xt, 8x2 2666mhz hyperx predator ram with GIGABYTE b360m ds3h.

I found Asus z390A prime available for trade off with additional 100 dollars.

is it worth?

1- Can i run higher clock speeds although CPU is rated to support 2666mhz as per intel website? PS my ram can run 4000mhz+

2-Can i run all cores at max turbo boost of 4.7ghz?

3- Do the extra 10 PCIE lanes on the board affect or increase performance, CPU OR GPU?

4-Does intel take benefits of higher ram speeds? similar to AMD?

Thanks

Solution
Get it!
  1. Yes
  2. Yes, will be able to overclock and use multicore enhancement with the new z390 board. It also has a better voltage regulator.
  3. Won’t change anything
  4. Yes, you will receive some benefit. DDR 3600 is the sweet spot and your RAM will increase performance about 2-5%. Intel doesn’t get as much performance with better memory as AMD because intel has a better memory controller already, but there will be improvement.
Get it!
  1. Yes
  2. Yes, will be able to overclock and use multicore enhancement with the new z390 board. It also has a better voltage regulator.
  3. Won’t change anything
  4. Yes, you will receive some benefit. DDR 3600 is the sweet spot and your RAM will increase performance about 2-5%. Intel doesn’t get as much performance with better memory as AMD because intel has a better memory controller already, but there will be improvement.

Reactions: KHADER87
Solution