[SOLVED] Worth the upgrade?

joemcsk1

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Hello there,

I've been thinking of upgrading my GPU and CPU.

My current specs are:

GTX 1080
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
ASUS B450 Prime Mobo
500Gb Samsung EVO
1TB Seagate HDD

I've saw RX 5700XT drop quite a bit so I was considering one of those or would it be worth it more upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 7 3700x which I saw a pretty good deal on? Or both?
Thanks.

Hello there,

My current specs are:

GTX 1080
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS B450 Prime Mobo
500Gb Samsung EVO
1TB Seagate HDD

I've saw RX 5700XT drop quite a bit so I was considering one of those or would it be worth it more upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 7 3700x which I saw a pretty good deal on? Or both?
Thanks.
Hello there!!(that's my dialogue btw;))
Do you 'need' a upgrade or do you 'wish' for a upgrade? If everything you do seems fine and is perfect there's no need to upgrade however if you need 8 cores and those l3 cache or if you plan to Multitask while playing or you stream then yes your games/task will become smoother. If not you can consider a ryzen 5000 series like a 5800x and RTX 3060 later maybe,so it's all on you needs or requirements.

joemcsk1

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
haha :D

I mean its not necessary but with Christmas coming up, i'll be given money by family etc and I thought maybe some upgrades would be a good decision. I guess my goal would be to play all my games at 144fps but i'm not sure how much of an "upgrade" these parts would be

haha :D

I mean its not necessary but with Christmas coming up, i'll be given money by family etc and I thought maybe some upgrades would be a good decision. I guess my goal would be to play all my games at 144fps but i'm not sure how much of an "upgrade" these parts would be
So do you have a high refresh rate monitor now? And At what resolution do you want to play? What monitor are you thinking to buy?

Hello there,

My current specs are:

GTX 1080
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS B450 Prime Mobo
500Gb Samsung EVO
1TB Seagate HDD

Thanks.
What's the brand, model and age of your power supply? Before any upgrade, it should be the first consideration.