[SOLVED] Worth upgrading second drive?

Kiaeneto

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
The main drive is a 500GB 860 EVO m.2 2280 (this is a PCIe and not SATA 3 right?) that I use for OS, programs, and some multiplayer games. The second drive I use is a 2TB SSHD FireCuda for single player games. Would upgrading to a 2TB EVO 2.5" SSD as the second drive be worth the money? How much faster would it load screens be? I figured upgrading the second drive to another m.2 2280 would be overkill / waste of money for just games.

Solution
Load screens would be faster, maybe 5 to 6 seconds faster which is a lot. But it will not affect in game performance. If you can, it is a good upgrade, but sticking with the SSHD is just fine if it is not very long right now.

Kiaeneto

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017

The main game I'm having a long load time is Fallout 4. Every load screen takes thirty seconds to sixty seconds. Looked it up and someone said to turn off the Steam cloud save and that will help a lot. Haven't tried yet after changing it. Also, I'll keep an eye out for pricing with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up for prices for the SSD 2.5".