[SOLVED] Would a I5 9400F bottleneck a 3050?

Heff_

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
I think i know the answer already being that its not but just wanted to ask to make sure. This would be for 1080p gaming. Thanks.

Solution
The answer is: there is no single answer. It all depends on what games you want to play, details, resolution, etc. and this will vary from game to game, even between scenes within the same game.

If you already have some other GPU, set details to lowest and that should give you an idea of the best performance you may be able to expect out of your CPU after a GPU upgrade. Then you can compare that against results from RTX3050 reviews to find out how much of a bottleneck your i5 might be.

Not that this really matters since you can simply bump graphics quality up a notch or two to make use of whatever "excess performance" the GPU might have.

InvalidError

Titan
The answer is: there is no single answer. It all depends on what games you want to play, details, resolution, etc. and this will vary from game to game, even between scenes within the same game.

If you already have some other GPU, set details to lowest and that should give you an idea of the best performance you may be able to expect out of your CPU after a GPU upgrade. Then you can compare that against results from RTX3050 reviews to find out how much of a bottleneck your i5 might be.

Not that this really matters since you can simply bump graphics quality up a notch or two to make use of whatever "excess performance" the GPU might have.

Solution
I agree it’s a good combination but you also want at least 16gb of dual channel RAM.

InvalidError makes goods points. For example cs go with competitive settings would technically cpu bottleneck even the very best gaming systems, but it’s not actually a problem.