Would Amazon make a bad record for any return?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I once bought a jacket on Amazon, but size was too large, smaller size wasn't available so I returned it
and shipped with tracked, I was never a Prime member but they just refunded to me quickly before it was
delivered. The jacket wasn't defected or washed, and I shipped it nicely with the original packaging

Does it imply that they don't actually care about your return but always leave a bad record behind if a
customer returns? In that case, does it make sense to avoid return or refund if the product isn't
very expensive or not too unacceptable??

No, amazon typically will inspect the condition of your return as well as the circumstances and make an updated decision if required.
Lets say you return a product and they open a box of rocks instead, they would then re-charge you for the item as well as potentially suspending your account.

If you are returning items for a genuine reason and not attempting to game the system, they will have no impact on your account status or put you on any sort of list, especially as a prime member (free, prepaid shipping labels included).

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
No, amazon typically will inspect the condition of your return as well as the circumstances and make an updated decision if required.
Lets say you return a product and they open a box of rocks instead, they would then re-charge you for the item as well as potentially suspending your account.

If you are returning items for a genuine reason and not attempting to game the system, they will have no impact on your account status or put you on any sort of list, especially as a prime member (free, prepaid shipping labels included).

but why did they refund to me before my returned product arrived?
(it was shipped with tracked so I could see that it was still on its way and was only delivered a week after they refunded to me)

USAFRet

Titan
but why did they refund to me before my returned product arrived?
(it was shipped with tracked so I could see that it was still on its way and was only delivered a week after they refunded to me)
Good customer service?
And they know it has been shipped. Tracking works both ways...you know and they know.

I got the wrong model of a product once. A Friday
15 minutes after delivery, I started the return/exchange sequence.

Printed label, took it to the UPS store around the corner. Literally, 3 minutes away.
By the time I got home, the replacement was already in the shipping pipeline.
The correct model arrived the next day, Saturday.

Now...if you are a repeated abuser of the system, that will show up in their system.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Good customer service?
And they know it has been shipped. Tracking works both ways...you know and they know.

I got the wrong model of a product once. A Friday
15 minutes after delivery, I started the return/exchange sequence.

Printed label, took it to the UPS store around the corner. Literally, 3 minutes away.
By the time I got home, the replacement was already in the shipping pipeline.
The correct model arrived the next day, Saturday.

Now...if you are a repeated abuser of the system, that will show up in their system.

I am never an abuser of the system. However, I often get products (which are sourced by Amazon) that are not TOO bad but unsatisfactory, examples are creased or crushed box of toys, not opened though (not uncommon to find people hate this), badly damaged and opened box of replacement brush heads (I did not use it), a new portable hard drive that gave loud and strange clicking noise on Day 1 and wasn't responsive. On average I have only one order every two to three months so the "rate" is just too high IMO. I have doubt that they will seriously look at your returned items, they may probably only make a negative count on you whether you are an honest customer or abuser. This is my feeling from the return procedure I experienced, I am not 100% certain about that though

I am never an abuser of the system. However, I often get products (which are sourced by Amazon) that are not TOO bad but unsatisfactory, examples are creased or crushed box of toys, not opened though (not uncommon to find people hate this), badly damaged and opened box of replacement brush heads (I did not use it), a new portable hard drive that gave loud and strange clicking noise on Day 1 and wasn't responsive. On average I have only one order every two to three months so the "rate" is just too high IMO. I have doubt that they will seriously look at your returned items, they may probably only make a negative count on you whether you are an honest customer or abuser. This is my feeling from the return procedure I experienced, I am not 100% certain about that though
If you return often and they see the items are both as you described and indeed damaged or otherwise unsatisfactory there is no need for concern.