[SOLVED] Would i have any problems with this build?

Few things - firstly, don't really need such a high-end cooler because Ryzen chips don't overclock that well, so buy that cooler only if you want the fans to be very silent or you have some other valid reason for liquid cooling. Secondly, an X470 motherboard offers no real performance uplift over a B450 motherboard, while B450 would definitely be cheaper - and both will need a BIOS update to run the 3700X, and the BIOS update usually requires a second gen CPU to be installed for booting.

Other than that, is the RTX 2070 SUPER more expensive? I don't know how the pricing is right now, but at launch the 2070 and 2070 super were supposed to be priced equally, so see if you can't find an RTX 2070 super for the same price or not too much more than the 2070 non-super.

Everything else is fine.

Reactions: jamesalanmurphy
The 3700X is sorta weird CPU, if you plan on only gaming then the cheaper 3600/3600X performs nearly identically in most games , however if you plan on streaming or doing other multi core tasks then the 3700X is def a good choice.

I would try and get 3200mhz or faster RAM if you can.

The 2070 is a good card but with the RX 5700XT and GTX2070 Super unless you are getting a killer deal I would either spend more and get the 2070 Super or save alittle and get the 5700XT.

The only real issue may be your motherboard BIOS, which may not be updated to support the Ryzen 3000 out of box and may need to be updated. I dont think that particular board supports a BIOS update without a CPU installed so you will need to get the free AMD BIOS Update kit. This link has details about it and the links where to send for it.

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...pgrade-kit-for-ryzen-3000-motherboard-updates

Reactions: jamesalanmurphy

jamesalanmurphy

Commendable
Nov 11, 2017
Few things - firstly, don't really need such a high-end cooler because Ryzen chips don't overclock that well, so buy that cooler only if you want the fans to be very silent or you have some other valid reason for liquid cooling. Secondly, an X470 motherboard offers no real performance uplift over a B450 motherboard, while B450 would definitely be cheaper - and both will need a BIOS update to run the 3700X, and the BIOS update usually requires a second gen CPU to be installed for booting.

Other than that, is the RTX 2070 SUPER more expensive? I don't know how the pricing is right now, but at launch the 2070 and 2070 super were supposed to be priced equally, so see if you can't find an RTX 2070 super for the same price or not too much more than the 2070 non-super.

Everything else is fine.
is there any motherboards that don't require an update because i am extremely lazy and i don't wanna have to go through the proccess of installing another cpu just to get it to work lol

jamesalanmurphy

Commendable
Nov 11, 2017

Everything else is fine.
would i be wrong to say that x570 mobos support ryzen 3000s straight out of the box?