[SOLVED] Would it last me a for a few years?

Hero5678

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
Are my components good for at least a couple of years?
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Msi 2070 super gaming x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 3200mhz
MOBO: ROG Strix B450 Gaming - F
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 750W 80+ Gold

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've got a 3700x and a 1650 super and i know it'll be good to go for a few years easy. considering i was running a 4690k and an r9-280 and was pretty much happy with that, i don't expect to want more for quite a while.

the cpu will be fine for a long time and you can always upgrade the gpu when it stops doing what you want it to. that's really when it "is too old" is when it stops doing what YOU need it to do. not what i or anyone else thinks about it :)

so long as it gives the resolution you want and let's you check the eye candy boxes you want to check, then it's still good enough for you!!

Reactions: alexbirdie

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you do. If you are using a 1080p/1440p monitor, and aren't so worried about the almighty fps number, just like to play, then you'll be plenty good for more than a few years. If you decide you must really have a 4k/144Hz beast of a monitor, play at max ultra settings and exceed the refresh of that monitor no matter what you play, then you already came up short and were obsolete last week.

If you play the same games for the next 8 years, like some ppl won't let go of CSGO, then the pc will age very well. But in 8 years if you want the latest and greatest, it's not going to age as well.

So it boils down to your usage, your tastes, needs, wants, software. And that's something nobody can predict.

That's not to say that what's in that list isn't a good start.

Hero5678

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
Depends on what you do. If you are using a 1080p/1440p monitor, and aren't so worried about the almighty fps number, just like to play, then you'll be plenty good for more than a few years. If you decide you must really have a 4k/144Hz beast of a monitor, play at max ultra settings and exceed the refresh of that monitor no matter what you play, then you already came up short and were obsolete last week.

If you play the same games for the next 8 years, like some ppl won't let go of CSGO, then the pc will age very well. But in 8 years if you want the latest and greatest, it's not going to age as well.

So it boils down to your usage, your tastes, needs, wants, software. And that's something nobody can predict.

That's not to say that what's in that list isn't a good start.
The monitor I use currently is the MSI Optix 1920 x 1080 144hz, and I play my games on low settings and I also mostly only play Valorant