Would it work OK?

bigo2

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Hi, after some research on internet I think I would purchase the following components for me PC which will be mostly used for video editing (e.g. Davinci resolve 14) and conversion (e.g. Handbrake) and should also be reasonable for playing games:

AMD Ryzen 18700x
ASRock X370 Taichi MoBo
Corsair LPX 32G 3200MHz (2x16G)
Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

I'm not sure with the graphic card but don't want to go more expensive.
Please let me know.
Thank you

It all looks good. Do you plan to overclock? If so get the Ryzen 1700 and put that money towards a GTX 1080 or 1TB Samsung 960 Evo.

Any decent M.2 NVMe SSD won't cause any bottleneck. The only real reason to get a 960 Pro over a 960 Evo for your usage is the higher write endurance.

Are you doing a lot of 4K video? Pugetsystems recommends 64GB RAM for 4K.

bigo2

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Thanks, I'm very thankful for your advice.

Actually, apart from the video card, I'm also unsure about the RAM... So far I'm not playing with the 4k video so I'm not going to invest in it. Talking about the RAM: I selected this Corsair LPX 3200MHz (2x16Gb) because it was recommended on the net (actually it was 3000MHz), however, I'm quite afraid that I will have difficulties with running it 3200MHz. Do you think it will be OK or would you recommend some other brand/type which will work 100% - especially if I go for the overclocking?
Yes! Ryzen 1700 is nearly half-price as compared with 1800x and you are right with the better video card! But I have no experience with overclocking. Do you think it's easy to set it up? Would it be stable and can it be used constantly for several years? For the above setup I was considering the Noctua NH-U9B which I already have, would I need some better cooling?
Sorry, for so many questions…