Would like advice on docking station

Ishfady

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hi
I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C.
It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0.
I would like to display laptop screen and two more screens with all three screen display different content.
But when I connect HDMI and VGA to my two monitors, it only display on one screen.
It look like my Laptop only support one external display at a time.
I would like to use two or more screens, which I can connect to laptop HDMI port.
I would like to display HDMI output from my laptop to two or four HDMI monitors.
So I need docking station which will take single HDMI as an input and output to HDMI monitors.
I am new and bit confuse with this sort of staffs, which docking station I would like buy. Do you have any such item in stock , which I can buy.

Please can some one advice me or put on the right to which docking station is good for me.

Thank you

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
A docking station may not be needed....

Make and model laptop? Make and model monitors?

What display (Project) is required?

PC screen only , Duplicate, Extend, Second screen only? (You can see and make the choice by using "WIN" + "P".) Press and hold the WINDOWs key and then press "P".

As I understand your post you want a Duplicate display. Same picture on two different monitors.

If that is correct then all that is needed is an HDMI splitter that accepts the laptop's HDMI output and splits the signal through HDMI cables to each monitor.

Something like this (example only) product:

HDMI splitter example

Overall, more needs to be known about your display requirements.

Ishfady

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hi
I would like to buy docking station for Samsung laptop, Model No: NP550P7C.
It has one HDMI, one VGA display port and two usb 3.0.
I would like to display laptop screen and two more screens with all three screen display different content.
But when I connect HDMI and VGA to my two monitors, it only display on one screen.
It look like my Laptop only support one external display at a time.
I would like to use two or more screens, which I can connect to laptop HDMI port.
I would like to display HDMI output from my laptop to two or four HDMI monitors.
So I need docking station which will take single HDMI as an input and output to HDMI monitors.
I am new and bit confuse with this sort of staffs, which docking station I would like buy.

Please can some one advice me or put on the right to which docking station is good for me.

Thank you

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
...................................with all three screen display different content.......................So I need docking station which will take single HDMI as an input and output to HDMI monitors.

If you split the output from the HDMI port to multiple monitors then they would all have the same picture which isn't what you want. With your laptop's specifications, there is no suitable "docking station" that'll do what you want.

What will work however is a "USB Video adapter" - the ones that are specifically intended to add an extra monitor to a laptop or desktop computer. A USB 3.0 one will be the best. With one of those you'll have three displays - the one built into your laptop, one connected via HDMI or VGA, and one connected to said USB adapter. Search on Amazon for your region and choose the one that gets the best reviews. They're generally relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS