Would my FPS increase if I buy a better processor?

Solution
GPU and CPU load are largely independent. You can always lower graphical settings to get a higher framerate if your GPU is the limiting factor, but if the CPU is, you simply get what you get. Because of this I usually favor spending a bit more on a CPU, I don't mind dropping a graphical setting or two to get my target framerate but am pretty unhappy with the idea of simply not being able to play a game smoothly without replacing hardware.

PC-4LIFE

Respectable
Nov 14, 2016

Nice GPU. So as I said, you will have an fps increase, so long as your GPU doesn't max out on some solid games.

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Well you need a beefier GPU, you can prolly SLI two of them together, but I wouldn't really recommend that, unless you got a good PSU.
You can always overclock your GPU/VRAM for some extra FPS

GPU and CPU load are largely independent. You can always lower graphical settings to get a higher framerate if your GPU is the limiting factor, but if the CPU is, you simply get what you get. Because of this I usually favor spending a bit more on a CPU, I don't mind dropping a graphical setting or two to get my target framerate but am pretty unhappy with the idea of simply not being able to play a game smoothly without replacing hardware.

Solution