Question Would Norton 360 Ultimate Plus cause screen to flicker sometimes?

debgram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
After the data breaches that were happening I bought Norton 360 with lifelock Ultimate Plus. Sometimes my screen will flicker but only like when a program is trying to open it's like a flash of a box. Now I updated my graphics card and bios and it's like a program is trying to open. So can my Norton be causing it? I have the Norton a few weeks now but only noticed the flicker for a few days ago. Thanks for any help.

Graphics Asus AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
MB- Asus TUF GAMING Z690-Plus WIFI D4 with BIOS 3802 not the beta version

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
After the data breaches that were happening I bought Norton 360 with lifelock Ultimate Plus. Sometimes my screen will flicker but only like when a program is trying to open it's like a flash of a box. Now I updated my graphics card and bios and it's like a program is trying to open. So can my Norton be causing it? I have the Norton a few weeks now but only noticed the flicker for a few days ago. Thanks for any help.

Graphics Asus AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
MB- Asus TUF GAMING Z690-Plus WIFI D4 with BIOS 3802 not the beta version
Set a system restore point, then uninstall Norton. If the problem persists, you can restore to the set point. If it doesn't, then permanently leave it uninstalled.

Reactions: helper800
Because of the Social Security hacks that happened in April. I can freeze 3 credit bureaus with it. Plus it has a home title monitor
You can freeze the three credit bureaus without Norton for free. What is a home title monitor even supposed to do? You need a lot more information on a person than their SS number to take out loans against a house. I have been around a long time in this space and with that experience I can tell you that Norton, and their software, will at best slow down or cause problems for whatever PC you have it installed on. I say this sincerely because I hate that Norton keeps taking money from people with the promise of benefits exclusive to their software.

debgram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
You can freeze the three credit bureaus without Norton for free. What is a home title monitor even supposed to do? You need a lot more information on a person than their SS number to take out loans against a house. I have been around a long time in this space and with that experience I can tell you that Norton, and their software, will at best slow down or cause problems for whatever PC you have it installed on. I say this sincerely because I hate that Norton keeps taking money from people with the promise of benefits exclusive to their software.
no you can't freeze them I tried I had to by the Experian one then canceled it when I got norton. Home Title lock is that no one can get your information and your title to your house. The thing is I have norton on here longer than I have the flicking page popup so it has to be something else

no you can't freeze them I tried I had to by the Experian one then canceled it when I got norton. Home Title lock is that no one can get your information and your title to your house. The thing is I have norton on here longer than I have the flicking page popup so it has to be something else
I promise you you can put a hold on the each of the three credit bureau's including Experian for free, I just did it about 4 years ago because someone stole my SS card I used it to get a new job. I put a one year hold on all three bureau's for 2 years in a row and did not spend a dime doing it. I wont pester you on that any longer.

There are many things that could have changed from before when you were not having issues until now. Norton is an Antivirus software, among other things, that constantly updates and scans your computer. This in combination with you operating system constantly updating its own anti-virus scanner can cause conflicts, but this is much less common now compared to 10+ years ago.

The test that @DaleH suggested in his first post in this thread is a perfect way to see if Norton is causing some conflict. We can try figuring out what this conflict is after we have a place to start from the test. I have some additional questions though. When did you update your BIOS to its current version? Did you reset CMOS after you updated your BIOS? Were you experiencing this stutter before the BIOS update?