[SOLVED] Would replacing my HD 5750 with a better one increase the performance of my PC?

ultradragonx08

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
Hi,

My graphics card which was Radeon HD 5750 1GB got burnt. I was able to play games like MW3, Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Left4Dead2 with good performance.

My MotherBoard is : Asus_M4A87TD~USB3
https://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Asus/Asus_M4A87TD~USB3/963

Onboard RAM : 8 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 Mhz

My CPU is : AMD Athlon II X3 435
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon II X3 435 - ADX435WFK32GI (ADX435WFGIBOX).html

PSU: 500 Watts Coolermaster

Below are the compatible GPU's for my MB:
https://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Asus/Asus_M4A87TD~USB3/963/Compatible_GPUs

I need to buy another graphics card but considering the low specs of my PC in 2020, (build in 2010), I don't think it would be advisable to buy a high-end GPU. So I am planning to buy a card with the same specs which is around $8.

However my question is, considering the specs of my PC, do I have an option of buying a good GPU that enhances the GAMING PERFORMANCE of my PC too which I use mostly for playing games or sticking to the old model is advisable?

If some better card with 1 or 2 dollars of price difference increases my PC's performance, I can go ahead with that too.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
To be very honest, I think it's best you drop any money towards a new build. In fact anything you spend right now would be a negative return on investment and apart from seeing limits in how much you can do with your current platform albeit with new parts, you're not going to fully reap the benefits to any hardware upgrades.

Save the amount and spend on a new build, is my advice. Used GPU's are something I'd avoid as well. I'm very skeptical about the CoolerMaster PSU you've listed there. How old is it and what is it's model?

Lutfij

Titan
To be very honest, I think it's best you drop any money towards a new build. In fact anything you spend right now would be a negative return on investment and apart from seeing limits in how much you can do with your current platform albeit with new parts, you're not going to fully reap the benefits to any hardware upgrades.

Save the amount and spend on a new build, is my advice. Used GPU's are something I'd avoid as well. I'm very skeptical about the CoolerMaster PSU you've listed there. How old is it and what is it's model?

Reactions: ultradragonx08
Solution

ultradragonx08

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019

@Lutfij

Thanks for the reply which seems quite

@Lutfij

Thanks for the reply and the advice it carries. The advice is valuable.

Actually I am not in a position to buy a new PC yet and therefore want to carry on with it till it becomes quite useless. This probably is my last "Gaming Desktop" after which I will go for a laptop in future considering my further requirements for study purposes Only (enough of gaming), may be in two more years. Considering the old age of my PC and its parts I dont think I will be able to continue with this PC for long, may be max one and a half years more. It was unfortunate that my GPU couldn't continue for two more years and gave up therefore compelling me to buy a new GPU to drag this PC further on.

I actually had overheated the GPU (upto 85 deg Centigrade) and may that caused it to burn; also considering its old age.

As far as the Coolermaster is concerned the Model is : RS-500-PCAR-A3 Extreme Power Plus 500W, purchased in 2010 and so is the Motherboard, CPU, RAM etc.

Kind Regards,