[SOLVED] Would resetting settings to default in msi afterburner, get rid of factory overclock?

aahmed12

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
I have a gigabyte gtx 1660 super with triple windforce fans. The card itself comes factory overclocked. Yesterday I reset the settings in msi afterburner, and I was wondering if that would reset the card to stock and if it would lose it's factory overclock? I was wondering if somebody could help me out on this?

Solution
I think default will be whatever the default is for the card. Anyways, MSI afterburner settings are just temporary. If it isn't set to start when you boot the computer and load your custom profile. Your card will simply return to factory settings after a restart. Uninstalling MSI Afterburner and restarting will have the same effect.
I think default will be whatever the default is for the card. Anyways, MSI afterburner settings are just temporary. If it isn't set to start when you boot the computer and load your custom profile. Your card will simply return to factory settings after a restart. Uninstalling MSI Afterburner and restarting will have the same effect.

Solution