Would these parts be a good pc?

Aug 30, 2018
I'm 15 and am currently building my own desk pc and am kinda tight on money. Here are my specs:

Asustek m5a99fx pro 2.0 (salvaged from current pc)

Amd ryzen 5 2600x

Geforce gtx 1050ti

Hitachi ultra star 1tb internal hard drive (already have one of these so will have 2tb)

Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb (plus 8gb of ram I have no will be salvaged)

Evga 600w power supply

Custom water cooling loop I'm adding

Solution

If you have budget concerns, most custom liquid cooling isn't cheap. It also has to be done right as a leak can be lethal to your computer... maybe even you. Choose carefully. An old-fashion HSF (heat-sink & fan) cooler may be more financially sound.

On the assumption that is a white box PSU,,, better keep your eye out for...
Custom water loop seems highly unnecessary. That money could be better spent on a better GPU.

Power supply is the most important component.

The EVGA 600W is not very good. Their 600W 80-Plus White should not be used in a gaming system. Their 600B is okay, but still low quality for a gaming system. Corsair's CX (2017) or CXM models are better quality for just a little bit more money.

What's going on with the RAM? You are mixing two different sticks?

Aug 30, 2018
I was planning on it, would that be an issue mixing sticks?? And by custom water loop I'm just adding a reservoir to a fractal design s36 expandable AIO. I was also thinking about maybe going for an i3 or i5 instead of the amd. But the amd has good reviews from what I've seen

The AMD 2600X is good.

Mixing RAM sticks is kind of hit or miss. They don't always work together. Back in the day it used to not be much of an issue.

It's best to stick with a kit of RAM. I would even go so far as to sell the old stick (if you have to) and buy a kit. 2 sticks are better than 1 because they can run dual-channel. So, if you're buying RAM, but a kit.

Aug 30, 2018
Gotchya, I could probably sell them for atleast $50 they're in great condition. I'd love to buy the 1060 but it's just so expensive. I figured the 1050 ti would be good, and I might even attempt to over clock it since my cooling system would be able to handle it.

If you have budget concerns, most custom liquid cooling isn't cheap. It also has to be done right as a leak can be lethal to your computer... maybe even you. Choose carefully. An old-fashion HSF (heat-sink & fan) cooler may be more financially sound.

On the assumption that is a white box PSU,,, better keep your eye out for another model, it isn't very good for a system that will get alot of use, especially gaming.

Ryzen needs DDR4 RAM, it cannot use DDR3, Ryzen is also AM4 socket. Completely incompatible with any previous socket.

Hitachi HDD, not a bad choice.

GTX 1050Ti, decent for the price. Compare to a RX570 or RX560 before fully committing though if they are in the same price range or cheaper....

Ryzen 2600X.... good chip, priced well. See the notes on it above, and especially the one right after this one about the motherboard.

Your motherboard is an issue: M5A99FX PRO R2.0 supports AMD® AM3+/AM3 multi-core processors ... It cannot support a Ryzen CPU. For that you need a new motherboard, or drop way down to an FX series CPU... which isn't a good move as they are End Of Life.

Solution
Aug 30, 2018
I haven't really fully committed to anything yet, I've only bought my water cooling and desk top so I can start building my desk, and thank you for all this feedback! What motherboard would you recommend?

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
I'm assuming you are just doing the custom water cooling for fun. There is really no other reason to do it. Unless you are running all the highest end stuff and want to push them. Its expensive to make your pc look cool.

Also have you looked at the cost of a 1050ti water block? I just look it up, since I couldn't believe someone actually makes them. They cost as much as the card does. Youre only 15, so I would say do what you want and have fun. If you said you were 20, I would say it's a terrible idea and total waste.

Aug 30, 2018
I admit the water cooling is mainly for fun, but to also keep my desk silent. I haven't really planned on buying a gpu block just yet, only a cpu block for now. I bought the fractal design kelvin s36 and added a 500ml reservoir to it.

Liquid cooling won't guarantee quieter operation. Sometimes they are just as noisy or even louder, depending on what you're looking at.

As to what motherboard to recommend? How much is your budget for one?

I like the Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING, which can be found for under $130 USD right now, It won't need an UEFI BIOS update either.

Other choices can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#f=2,7&c=133,132&xcx=0&sort=-rating&X=0,13000&m=8,18,27

Oh, and help yourself out and use www.pcpartpicker.com to make your list of parts. It can help you filter out incompatible parts, track prices, and keep track of what you've already got. Only issue is as some older parts disappear, they're no longer there... or at least with a price. The site also covers several countries for price and inventory tracking.

Another side note is this: Ryzen likes fast RAM... if you can manage, get at least DDR4-2666 - DDR4-3200. Slower will work, but depending on what you're doing, you just might feel it being a bit sluggish.