Build Advice Would this build be good ?

Jan 1, 2024
Part list

I know the graphics card is not the best for this CPU but i need the CPU for programming. And the BIOS update is not a problem for me.

The PC will be used for programming, some gaming at 1080P (CS2, LoL, and some AAA game).

My main question is will this PC last for 3-4 years?
Also do I need to get some adapters/splitters for the fans or for the RGB?

Part list

I know the graphics card is not the best for this CPU but i need the CPU for programming. And the BIOS update is not a problem for me.

The PC will be used for programming, some gaming at 1080P (CS2, LoL, and some AAA game).

Well for 1080p gaming, it's cpu that counts most and that one is practically best for gaming. That GPU will give you decent quality picture.
Motherboard has 2 connectors for both types. RGB and ARGB so any type of fans should work.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 1, 2024
Okey thank you, but if the case has 4 fans and 3 for the AIO. It doesn't need a splitter? Or is it daisy chain connectable? (Sorry i never worked with RGB fans)

Part list

If this is for gaming then I would look at the 7800X3D or even the 7700 and look at 32GB of RAM so that you can size up on your graphics card. Where will you be purchasing your cpu from?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Okey thank you, but if the case has 4 fans and 3 for the AIO. It doesn't need a splitter? Or is it daisy chain connectable? (Sorry i never worked with RGB fans)
AIO fans motors and pump connect to CPU_FAN header, they are already daisy chained, same for their RGB leads that go to one of RGB headers on MB.
For case fan motors there are 6 PWM (4 pin) headers, so plenty of connectors for chassis fans. 3 can go to one header and 4th to another.

The X3D processors are tailored for gaming.
If you have any other work, the underlying processor, namely the R9-7900x would be faster.

I might worry about the MSI aio.
It seems to have had some issues. Google "msi mag coreliquid e360 problems"
As to lasting, aio coolers do not last forever.
The mechanical pump will eventuallyfail or get clogged.
Air will intrude through the tubes and the unit will need to be replaced.
Plan on about 5 years.

Noctua maintains a list of suitable air coolers.
Here is the list for a R9-7900X:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-9-7900X-1635

NH-D15s, for example would b suitable.

Jan 1, 2024
AIO fans motors and pump connect to CPU_FAN header, they are already daisy chained, same for their RGB leads that go to one of RGB headers on MB.
For case fan motors there are 6 PWM (4 pin) headers, so plenty of connectors for chassis fans. 3 can go to one header and 4th to another.
Thank you :)

Jan 1, 2024
The X3D processors are tailored for gaming.
If you have any other work, the underlying processor, namely the R9-7900x would be faster.

I might worry about the MSI aio.
It seems to have had some issues. Google "msi mag coreliquid e360 problems"
As to lasting, aio coolers do not last forever.
The mechanical pump will eventuallyfail or get clogged.
Air will intrude through the tubes and the unit will need to be replaced.
Plan on about 5 years.

Noctua maintains a list of suitable air coolers.
Here is the list for a R9-7900X:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-9-7900X-1635

NH-D15s, for example would b suitable.
I have read about the "problems" but MSI sad it has been a quality control issue and they offered full refund so i'm okey with it. As for the AIO lifespan is general if it will last for 5 years i'm happy. I read that generally AIOs last longer than that.

If you want pcie 5.0 ssd in those 3 to 4 years, get a mobo that supports pcie 5.0 M.2

the tomahawk is a good mobo but does not support 5.0 ssd. Gigabyte Aorus Elite, Asrock Riptide B650E, Asus Strix, MSI Edge all support pcie 5.0 ssd

The current SN580 is a budget choice. If you can spend a bit more, get the SN850X or Kingston KC3000

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/ssd-benchmarks-hierarchy#section-m-2-2230-ssd-hierarchy

you dont really need an AIO. a good aircooler would do fine. like the deepcool AK620 or Thermalright Phantom sprit.

Since you are going with ryzen 9 CPU, get the thermal grizzly AM5 offset mounts. better cooling for your cpu.

https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/adapter-offset-mounting-kit/s-tg-ad-am5-mk