Question Would this GPU run on my mobo?

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
YES. Any motherboard chipset having a vacant PCI Express x16 slot will work with the GPU. Just make sure you update the BIOS, if need be. Though, the last BIOS is pretty old on your motherboard, dated 2011-08-26.

List your full PC specs, including the make and model number of your PSU.
I can't list my PC specs, I forgot most of them and I'm too lazy to check but I have a brand new PSU, overclocked x5650 to 4.2/4.3, GTX 960 4 GB, SSD and 500GB harddrive.
What BIOS do you recommend?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can't list my PC specs, I forgot most of them and I'm too lazy to check but I have a brand new PSU, overclocked x5650 to 4.2/4.3, GTX 960 4 GB, SSD and 500GB harddrive.
What BIOS do you recommend?

I assume you'd want to go with the absolute latest BIOS.

On another note, what's the exact brand and model number of your new PSU? There are good PSUs, and utter crap ones.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Ok, thanks.
What BIOS version should I use?

You'd have to check with the manufacturer's website for the BIOS. Generally the latest is the best. Sometimes other versions are better for certain situations, however, usually the latest is the best. Especially in your case, trying a new card on an old chipset/board, I'd say go with the latest version.

Not a bad idea to search around the web and see if anyone is actually using that card on that board and if they've done it what BIOS they have.

Read manufacturer's instructions on updating the BIOS thoroughly in your boards manual. There's always a slight risk with updating the BIOS. If anything goes wrong in the middle, or you shut down before it's over you might brick your board.

Not trying to discourage you. Just saying read up the manual/instructions to avoid making mistakes.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You need to know what model your board is to look for its BIOS. Run that application I posted and it will tell you your motherboard's model and also the BIOS version you have.

It also has a feature that looks for the latest BIOS but I haven't used it myself. It might point to the manufacturer's website where you can download the latest BIOS. I wouldn't use it if it needs another application to search and install the BIOS.

Do exactly whatever the motherboard's website/manual says.

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
You need to know what model your board is to look for its BIOS. Run that application I posted and it will tell you your motherboard's model and also the BIOS version you have.

It also has a feature that looks for the latest BIOS but I haven't used it myself. It might point to the manufacturer's website where you can download the latest BIOS. I wouldn't use it if it needs another application to search and install the BIOS.

Do exactly whatever the motherboard's website/manual says.

mobo:
View: https://imgur.com/f2ZzOq8

The last/latest BIOS version of your motherboard is FH, dated 2012-01-06. You can update.

j9RRWWf.png