Question Would this iPad setup work for PC gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
ok so what if I take the m1 ipad pro with 16 gb ram and use a windows virtual machine(utm) and install windows 10 and give the virtual machine 12 gb ram and 6 cores? Will the virtual machine perfom similar to a m1 macbook air and will I be able to play games like gta 5 as m1 can play those games?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
So I found a nice ipad setup that costs more than a pc setup but it nice.
So the first thing you need to do is use the 16gb ram ipad pro(m1) and an external display. Then use a windows virtual machine(utm) and give 12 gb ram and 6 to 7 cores. So finally you will have windows 10. The windows 10 should perfom well even though it is a virtual machine because m1 is awesome. So finally it is time to connect it to an external monitor. So to do this there are two ways, first way is to use a usb a to hdmi adapter and connect it to the monitor if utm recogonises the hdmi cable or just stream it. The reason you shouldn't directly connect it is because ipad doesn't support extended display. So is this setup good?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
Then do exactly what he says, and see how it turns out for you.

People on utube say a lot of things. A lot of it absolute junk.
first of all it is not junk and second of all I don't have a ipad pro because it is dumb and third of all can you watch this video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVfQ9e1PhAY
and I have a question for you-how did you become a mod?(because I wanna be one)

USAFRet

Titan
first of all it is not junk and second of all I don't have a ipad pro because it is dumb and third of all can you watch this video-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVfQ9e1PhAY
and I have a question for you-how did you become a mod?
I have no need to watch a video about devices that are completely different than what this conversation is about.
A Mac is not an iPad.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
and I have a question for you-how did you become a mod?(because I wanna be one)

THEN WHY ARE YOU ASKING THIS QUESTION? If you think its dumb who cares?

Theres a video of a guy on youtube doing it, great then it answers your question. The M1 in the Mac and M1 in the iPad pro are the same thing.

GTA 5 is an 8 year old game. It seems to work OK (30fps) according to his video. You want to play something new on there? Yeah good luck.

And in terms of being a mod, if you have to ask you're not going to be one.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
THEN WHY ARE YOU ASKING THIS QUESTION? If you think its dumb who cares?

Theres a video of a guy on youtube doing it, great then it answers your question. The M1 in the Mac and M1 in the iPad pro are the same thing.

GTA 5 is an 8 year old game. It seems to work OK (30fps) according to his video. You want to play something new on there? Yeah good luck.

And in terms of being a mod, if you have to ask you're not going to be one.
ok but I will be a mod because I have a lot of knowledge

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
A Mac runs MacOS - full-blown OS. iPad runs iOS/iPadOS - very limited (especially on Apple device) where if something is not on AppleStore, you cant have it. Is there VirtualBox / VmWare / Parallelis on iPad store?

As for "Same CPU": Before M CPUs, iPads ran of off-the-shelf ARM CPUs. This did not make them more than shiny objects.
there is utm for ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.