Would this system run the following games...

Shaun98

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
The system i am looking at is an r9 200 2gb GPU only for the time being, an i5-4690k with 16gb ddr3 ram

the games i would like to run is

GTA V -medium to max graphics

Mortal kombat x - medium to max

Dayz - Medium to max

And lastly the witcher 3 - medium to max

If you could tell me if i can run them or not and if not what i would need to upgrade to do so

Thanks, Shaun

Solution
You have a good CPU and lots of ram, so buy the best GPU you can afford. 290 and 970 are great cards that will max out nearly everything at 1080.

Vynavill

Honorable
Besides MKX (I do not own it, so I'm speculating), and considering you're talking about a 270x (the only R9 I know with 2gb VRAM), I'd say all will run at medium details, albeit TW3 will most likely make your card suffer until an optimized driver comes out. With most of the stuff maxed out, I keep a nice 50 fps (V-Synced) with a 290x; GPU 100% loaded, CPU averages around 60~70%.
Just remember to keep Nvidia Hairworks off, no matter the system you own.

Dayz will probably run higher than usual, but not maxed out (mind you, I do not own the game, but from what people I know say about it, it isn't an easy task maxing it out).

Gta5 should also run fine, with view distance provably being the most significant factor as usual. (again, I don't own the game, so this is pure speculation as well).

If that's a new build, I'd drop the 16gb RAM for an 8gb and save a little more for a 280x at least.
4GB aren't required, but 3GB sure help nowadays, especially since 2GB cards are becoming much and much harder to recommend unless you're under 1080p due to how graphical assets are evolving.

Of course, everything written above falls if it's not an R9, since as James suggested, there are plenty of 200 series cards :p.