Would two msi r9 390 fit on the Asus maximus vii hero in the cm storm trooper.

Jun 12, 2015
Hi.

I was wondering if two msi r9 390 fit on the Asus maximus vii hero in the cm storm trooper since I am planning on going cf in the coming future and I have heard that the msi cooler is 2,5 to 3 slots wide and I don't know if cf would fit but if it fits, does it ruin the airflow for one of the cards?

THank you in advance

Solution
it will, if you use PCI-e SLOT 2 and PCi-e SLOT 7 (the very last bottom slot), which I highly recommend you do, because you'll want as much space between the GPUs as possible (the closer 2nd GPU to the top 1, the hotter the top GPU will run). You will also need a computer case with 8 or 9 opening slots on the back (not 7). Yours has 9, so you are all set.

azca

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
it will, if you use PCI-e SLOT 2 and PCi-e SLOT 7 (the very last bottom slot), which I highly recommend you do, because you'll want as much space between the GPUs as possible (the closer 2nd GPU to the top 1, the hotter the top GPU will run). You will also need a computer case with 8 or 9 opening slots on the back (not 7). Yours has 9, so you are all set.

Solution

Not possible. The GPU will hit the power supply aswell as the front panel plugins.

azca

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
in his case, it won't; he has a full ATX

Jun 12, 2015

Thank you man :)