[SOLVED] Wraith prism and 3700x

May 18, 2020
hello,

i have 3700x coupled with wraith prism and i don't know if temps are normal
during regular use ( browsing ) its between 50-55 celsius
and while gaming 68-75 celsius ( AC: Origins and Warzone)

and i tested it in cinebench it hovers between 86-91 celsius
is this normal ?

Solution
The Wraith, as a stock cooler, isn't designed for high performance cooling. 75, while up there, is still a safe temperature to be at, however 86-91 can damage the CPU. Are all those temps normal for the Wraith coupled with that CPU? I'd say yeah, probably.

If you intend to use any applications that cause temps to be that high then I would recommend upgrading your cooler, but if you're only reaching 75 with every day usage, you should be fine keeping the Wraith. It's still a decent cooler! Just isn't designed to be pushed.

As a safety net, be sure to press the cooler down on the CPU after applying the thermal paste, before screwing it in. I learned that one the hard way. An even spread of paste can make or break a system.
The Wraith, as a stock cooler, isn't designed for high performance cooling. 75, while up there, is still a safe temperature to be at, however 86-91 can damage the CPU. Are all those temps normal for the Wraith coupled with that CPU? I'd say yeah, probably.

If you intend to use any applications that cause temps to be that high then I would recommend upgrading your cooler, but if you're only reaching 75 with every day usage, you should be fine keeping the Wraith. It's still a decent cooler! Just isn't designed to be pushed.

As a safety net, be sure to press the cooler down on the CPU after applying the thermal paste, before screwing it in. I learned that one the hard way. An even spread of paste can make or break a system.

Solution
May 18, 2020

well i don't do rendering or content creating, i mainly use it for gaming and watching

hello,

i have 3700x coupled with wraith prism and i don't know if temps are normal
during regular use ( browsing ) its between 50-55 celsius
and while gaming 68-75 celsius ( AC: Origins and Warzone)

and i tested it in cinebench it hovers between 86-91 celsius
is this normal ?

Case airflow plays a big role in your temps...especially if your GPU is dumping it's heat into the case. How many intake and exhaust fans are you running ?

May 18, 2020
Case airflow plays a big role in your temps...especially if your GPU is dumping it's heat into the case. How many intake and exhaust fans are you running ?

What is your chassis? As dorsai said above what's your airflow setup like?

2 intake in the front and 2 exhaust one in the back and the other in upper part of the case also my case is has pretty bad airflow H510 elite

i may re-apply the thermal paste in a week or so because im using stock thermal paste and probably i messed it up when i built it