[SOLVED] Wraith Prism Cooler Flashing RGB- 3700x Montech Air X ARGB

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys forgive me for the long post because this may take a bit thoroughly explain and I'm a newbie when it comes to PC builds. Mod's if this thread is in the wrong sub forum please feel free to redirect me. I'm only in search of the proper assistance. I recently just built this set up(less than a month ago):

Ryzen 3700x(Wraith Cooler)
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
Trident Z 32GB RGB ram 3200
500 gb WD 750n nvme SSD
500gb Cruxial MX500
Cooler Master 750 W Gold Fully Modular PSU
Montech Air X ARGB

Here's my problem. When I assembled the case and started up everything and installed windows everything seemed fine. And from a functional stand point as far as I can tell the computer IS fine. Ryzen Master shows temperatures to be very stable at 36 C at idle currently. But something is up with the lights. I just recently noticed today that the Wraith Prism cooler is flashing, it's flashing RGB colors, but at a frequency that might be some sort of alarm or conceivably an rgb setting.

At first I tried adjusting this in MSI Mystic Light in Dragon Center. I have my CPU fan plugged in at JRGB 2 slot and I could change the lighting to different settings no problem. And the lighting would stay in that setting until I rebooted the CPU. Every time it returns to this flashing RGB mode.
The case fans are also flashing in unison and in color with the Wraith Prism cooler. I will also say as a side note that the cpu fan itself shows up as an item in mystic light like the ram does, but it is not accessible for me to adjust for some reason. So I can adjust it as jrgb2, but not as a CPU fan.

My first thought was connections. I discovered that I unnecessarily plugged the Wraith into a USB header and into the JRGB 2 slot where only one is necessary. However since it didn't cause any issue when I built the case I figured I would just leave it because I was afraid of making a mistake trying to fix it.

I have had an issue with Mystic Light and Dragon Center because the case fans do not register in the program. These fans have a pwm fan hub on the back of the case and are powered by a Sata cable and (I forget what they are called the moment, but the cluster of 2 pin connectors, that have power(reset,+,-,power). There is another additional 4 pin connector that I connected to System Fan 1, but this does not register in Bios or Dragon Center.

As you read this you can see where I am inexperienced. I had another problem with Dragon Center in which it's performance profiles would over write Ryzen Master Balanced Power plan and constantly reset the power plan to Windows 10 balanced. I read that many people deleted Dragon Center to resolve the problem and I did so with good results. However i only later found out that for x570 boards, mystic light is only available through Dragon Center. Thus I reinstalled to mess with the lights again.

This morning is when I noticed the prism cooler flashing in RGB. The case fans also assume this characteristic. I can change it manually with the LED button on the case if I wish but again on reboot it flashes with the CPU. This case has a feature in which if you hold down the LED button for 3 seconds it will sync with the Motherboards RGB.

I figured out yesterday that I can shut off my RGB fans by holding down the LED button for 6 seconds. I did this. So I think it may be possible that I accidentally synced the case fans with the motherboard. However when I restart the computer the case fans are automatically syncing with the MB and I dont believe they were doing this before. Or perhaps I am only noticing it now because of the flashing CPU fan.

So I have an issue controlling my lighting but I'm concerned if the flashing is an alarm that something is wrong.

I've included a small video of what this looks like as well as a link to the manual of my case

Flashing:
View: https://youtu.be/kf7oXVztxU8

Montech Air X ARGB case features: https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=152&s_ok2=

Case Manual: https://mega.nz/file/ncozEDrL#WBnB3dOcFNDfr4chIPnQ9CKuou2k0HALk0L4m4RkL98

Referring back to my removal and re installation of Dragon Center, I tried to adjust the CPU fan again in mystic light but now mystic light does not appear in DC. So I thought I might have had remaining files from the old installation that were causing this error.

I removed MSI SDK and I can see One Dragon Center in Program Files (x86) however windows will not allow me to delete this saying, "This action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." But there are no related programs running task in manager

If some of you might figure this is occurring due to a build error I mirrored mine pretty close to these two videos here:

View: https://youtu.be/8uQJau_8Hhk

View: https://youtu.be/M8gR2PoJzXs

So my #1 concern right now whether something is damaged or being damaged, Secondly ensuring a full removal and re install of Dragon Center to reach Mystic light. Lastly, getting a grip on my RGB lighting.

I know this is quite a long post so I appreciate anyone kind enough to read and help me out.

Solution
So I think I may have discovered the problem. I synced the case fans to the motherboard by accidentally holding the LED button for 3 seconds. Then just before I uninstalled dragon center, I had changed the RGB to a default rainbow setting under select all in mystic light. This saved the setting without being able to change it.

Thus when I started it up it would have this rainbow flash. For whatever reason the computer allowed me to delete One Dragon Center today. I guess perhaps uninstalling a program can take time in the background?
So with that complete I was able to do a clean install of Dragon Center and Mystic Light. With the RGB cable removed I can now edit the color settings of the Wraith Cooler in DC or Cooler Master. Case...

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Ive always found ARGB software very temperamental. But the best software to control the wraith prism is by cooler master,(link below.) But you have to connect only the usb cable and not the rgb cable.

https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/amd-ryzen-wraith-prism-rgb-software/
Thank you. I actually just found a video on the wraith prism RGB. I've had had both cables plugged in the whole. I just powered off the PC. Removed the back panel and double checked all the cables.

I pulled the rgb cable and only used the USB. That has stopped the prism cooler from flashing now. It is in a rainbow color shift sort of mode.

However my case fans are still flashing by default when i boot the system. Any ideas there?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Sorry,cant help you there,like i said,ive never had much luck trying to sync up all my fans with software, i have a gigabyte motherboard and use the rgb fusion 2.0 app but it is really glitchy.My 2 argb 200mm case fans are connected to a hub and not controlled by the motherboard software,when I had the wraith prism i just used the cooler master app to control it separately. Good luck!

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
So I think I may have discovered the problem. I synced the case fans to the motherboard by accidentally holding the LED button for 3 seconds. Then just before I uninstalled dragon center, I had changed the RGB to a default rainbow setting under select all in mystic light. This saved the setting without being able to change it.

Thus when I started it up it would have this rainbow flash. For whatever reason the computer allowed me to delete One Dragon Center today. I guess perhaps uninstalling a program can take time in the background?
So with that complete I was able to do a clean install of Dragon Center and Mystic Light. With the RGB cable removed I can now edit the color settings of the Wraith Cooler in DC or Cooler Master. Case fans are jrainbow 1 and are adjustable when in sync to the MB. I decided to turn them off for now. While I had the case open i also realized I had the CPU fan set to low so I changed that to high.

Everything seems fine now. Did a shut down and start up and the fans withheld their settings. Still a little ticked that I can't adjust fan speed of the case fans but they aren't that loud anyway so I consider this a W.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution