Question Wraith Spire RGB Issue

Jul 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

I just built my first pc with a lot of help from TH members which I appreciate a lot!. The final piece of the jigsaw is figuring out how to control the RGB lights on my cpu cooler. I bought the Ryzen 2700 with the RGB wraith spire cooler, but I can't get the RGB to work. I downloaded the coolermaster amd setup and had an error saying "Please Plug In CM Device". I found that I need to plug in some sort of usb but I didn't get any sort of USB connector in the box of my CPU, just literally the cpu itself and the wraith fan that had one wire on there which I plugged into the cpu fan port.

There is an rubber bit on the side of the cpu that I haven't taken off, which seems to be the RGB connector, but I couldn't find any usb of any sort. I could only find this one wire in my MB box which has GRB on it, and is a 4 pin connector. I have posted the images below.

Any help would be amazing!

https://ibb.co/GH8tZDd

https://ibb.co/hD0GGh1

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
Ah. I understand you are worried about your performance in games. I would be too afterall because if it lights up it's essentially an automatic 25% boost in performance. Locate any RGB header on your motherboard and plug it in mate. Then you'll be on your way to the top of the leaderboards.

Jul 18, 2019
Ah. I understand you are worried about your performance in games. I would be too afterall because if it lights up it's essentially an automatic 25% boost in performance. Locate any RGB header on your motherboard and plug it in mate. Then you'll be on your way to the top of the leaderboards.
What's with the sarcastic comment?, Im only looking for help, plus I didn't get an extra cable in my cpu box, just the one preattached to my cpu cooler

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
to be fair I did tell you what to do. RGB header. I believe it either powers it itself or there's a splitter of some kind to power it. I've only done RGB once for a pc that wasn't even minelol

Jul 18, 2019
to be fair I did tell you what to do. RGB header. I believe it either powers it itself or there's a splitter of some kind to power it. I've only done RGB once for a pc that wasn't even minelol

Yeah I just found out you need a seperate RGB connector that is meant to come in the box, but mine never. Managed to source for about $10 on amazon, hopefully it'll work lol

Reactions: DMAN999
Jul 18, 2019
What Exact motherboard do you have?
I have a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. I think I found the wire to be fair, I tried plugging it in and having nothing. I didn't try it with the CPU fan connector and the RGB in together as apparently this doesn't work, but maybe I should try it just to see. When I just had the RGB cable plugged in, the CPU cooler wasn't powered

Jul 18, 2019
Yes the Cooler needs to be connected to the CPU_Fan Header and also to the RGB header.
This video might help you:
View: https://youtu.be/97kH9_1QWIo
Hey man!, I managed to get it working but now for some reason my monitor doesn't display via HDMI, it was working before even when I restarted the pc but now everything powers but I can't get a display on my monitor. I tried plugging into both the MB and GPU HDMI ports but nothing my monitor just says no display found. Would you know of anything I could try?

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Your MB HDMI display port does NOT work with a 2700 because it does Not have a built in iGPU.
So you need to plug it into your Graphics card.
Since you have been messing around inside your case I would check all your connectors to and from the PSU.
I personally bumped my GPU )PCI-E) cable once when working inside my case and so my GPU didn't work.
So that could easily be the situation for you as well.

Jul 18, 2019
Your MB HDMI display port does NOT work with a 2700 because it does Not have a built in iGPU.
So you need to plug it into your Graphics card.
Since you have been messing around inside your case I would check all your connectors to and from the PSU.
I personally bumped my GPU )PCI-E) cable once when working inside my case and so my GPU didn't work.
So that could easily be the situation for you as well.
That makes sense, my GPU doesn't have pci- E slots as it's a 1050ti and is just powered by the GPU slot on the MB itself. I'll try to insert it into the other GPU slot and see if that makes a difference. The fans on the GPU spin so there's definitely power in there I assume