[SOLVED] Write bug? On hdd

Oct 6, 2019
So everything started from me changing the gpu in my pc. After installing new one everything was super slow in windows, i wasnt even able to turn on start menu. Decided to reinstall windows, formated my ssd. After reinstall everything was good but I noticed that my HDD partitions swapped letters even though i havent touched hard drive partitions when installing. And the problem happened when I was trying to update games in steam, every time it would try to update, the same message occurs disk write error. Tried reinstalling steam install doesn't even finish it becomes stuck at creating shortcut, when trying to install origin loading bar comes to nearly end and it tries again, but nothing installs. I've tried to change ownerships, everything, but cant seem to fix it. Also noticed that the drive become very slow in write speed ~4 mb, activity is 100%. DiskPart attributes always says failed to set

Is there any way to fix it, without formating the whole drive?

Solution
Is there any way to fix it

Yes, do it right. Disconnect ALL of your drives from the system EXCEPT for the drive you wish to install Windows on, and the drive you are installing Windows FROM. That's it. NO other drives should be connected when you are installing Windows.

Then, as follows. EXACTLY as follows. Do not create partitions, instead, delete them ALL and let Windows do that but do it by choosing the Custom option during the installation, The procedure is outlined in the guide. Do not format anything, there is no NEED to do that. WINDOWS will do that, and do it correctly, based on the UEFI BIOS configuration and hardware.

Is there any way to fix it

Yes, do it right. Disconnect ALL of your drives from the system EXCEPT for the drive you wish to install Windows on, and the drive you are installing Windows FROM. That's it. NO other drives should be connected when you are installing Windows.

Then, as follows. EXACTLY as follows. Do not create partitions, instead, delete them ALL and let Windows do that but do it by choosing the Custom option during the installation, The procedure is outlined in the guide. Do not format anything, there is no NEED to do that. WINDOWS will do that, and do it correctly, based on the UEFI BIOS configuration and hardware.

Then, afterwards, you can reconnect your other drives, and then if you wish you can go into drive management and assign those drives whatever driver letters you wish them to have so long as it isn't C:.

without formating the whole drive?

No, not really. At least, not if what I think is the problem, is the problem. Generally, when there are issues after a new installation, it's because of an improper installation, and then a clean install is the best option.

Solution