Question Wrong AC Adapter + Voltage Malfunction

May 17, 2024
Hello everyone,

The other day I accidentally plugged the wrong AC 12V adapter into a Android Box that had the requirement of DC 5V 2A. It caused the Android Box to malfunction by releasing a small amount of smoke where one of the components burned and got damaged on the motherboard. This AC 12V adapter was connected to my power strip surge protector along with my other devices (PC, Monitor, etc). My question is whether the malfunction of the Android Box could have the potential of impacting my other devices that were connected to the power strip surge protector? Thus far, my monitor and PC seems to be working fine.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone,

The other day I accidentally plugged the wrong AC 12V adapter into a Android Box that had the requirement of DC 5V 2A. It caused the Android Box to malfunction by releasing a small amount of smoke where one of the components burned and got damaged on the motherboard. This AC 12V adapter was connected to my power strip surge protector along with my other devices (PC, Monitor, etc). My question is whether the malfunction of the Android Box could have the potential of impacting my other devices that were connected to the power strip surge protector? Thus far, my monitor and PC seems to be working fine.
Things that are connected via the communal power strip are almost certainly OK.

Anything connected directly or indirectly to that AC adapter...suspect until proven working.

TRENDING THREADS