Question Wrong bios B450M

Oct 25, 2020
The motherboard I brought came with wrong version bios. 2.90
Asrock dont recommend over ver-2.50 for Raven Ridge. Is it right that I cant go back to ver-2.50.
I am having the odd problem that could be bios related.

Asrock B450M Steel Legend
2200gs APU Raven Ridge
Bios 2.90

Thanks Shane.

Oct 25, 2020
[QUOTE="drea.drechsler,

[/QUOTE]
What problems are you experiencing?

Amd popup every start saying, there has been a hardware change and you need to reboot. "Their has been no hardware change". Another one is , erratic mouse, no control, cant click on anything.

Have you actually tried to regress BIOS revision to 2.50?

No I wasnt game when I saw that They Don't recommend updating past 2.50, with my CPU/APU. Also they say on Asrock site, that you cant use previous versions.

Amd popup every start saying, there has been a hardware change and you need to reboot. "Their has been no hardware change". Another one is , erratic mouse, no control, cant click on anything.

I wouldn't try to revert BIOS anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by "AMD Popup..." but it sounds it's more likely a problem with your windows installation. Did you do a fresh install of Windows when you set up the new system?

Also, if you haven't you should reset CMOS.

Have you installed AMD's chipset drivers? and are you using the iGPU or a discrete GPU?

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would go inside and double check all connections. If that doesn't sort it, perhaps consider breadboarding down to minimum system, reseat the CPU and RAM.

I have several Ryzen systems now running beyond the "recommended" BIOS revision due to memory and instability issues prior. Going that far actually helped in three of four cases I have dealt with. There is feature and functionality that your CPU won't be able to do but hasn't posed an issue for me yet. Two of the above three mentioned are more stable now than they have ever been. (thank goodness)

Oct 25, 2020
I would go inside and double check all connections. If that doesn't sort it, perhaps consider breadboarding down to minimum system, reseat the CPU and RAM.]

I will pull a coulple of pci-e cards out, "just a internal sata3 and a usb3 adaptor" and reinstall. I wanted to do a cable tidy up so now would be a good time.

perhaps consider breadboarding ? I had enough of that when I replaced the last board 6 wks ago.