Question Wrong power supply for a msi 3060TI?

Oct 6, 2021
Please keep it to 1 thread.
I am getting pc shutdowns (sudden reboot) when the gpu is at intense performance (maybe 60ºC playing a game). I updated BIOS and did a nvidia driver and experience clean install from nvidia tool and after that tried the ddu method to reinstall drivers from zero.
PSU: Aerocool proyect 750W platinum
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k
RAM: DDR4 16GB crucial
Motherboard: MSI z390 a pro
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X (not the trio version)
I'm pluggin two pciE 6+2 into the gpu, I don't think I have an only 6 pin pciE sin the +2 is hanging out.
The shutdowns happen on demanding games like Black Desert Online and Final Fantasy XIV.
Edit:
In Msi afterburner temp is getting 31ºC at idle and 61ºC at high gaming
If I set my settings to low there is no problem since the temp doesn't go higher than 41ºC
Edit 2: my power conections View: https://imgur.com/a/S5bHEKc

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021
Aerocool Project 7 is a good PSU that I don't expect causing shutdowns. Did you remove the old GPU drivers with DDU before installing the new GPU?
I did a clean install with nvidia tool and the problem was the same.
I used DDU to clean drivers again and installed the drivers again and is still happening.

Oct 6, 2021
I am getting pc shutdowns (sudden reboot) when the gpu is at intense performance (maybe 60ºC playing a game). I updated BIOS and did a nvidia clean install with the ddu tool.
PSU: Aerocool proyect 750W platinum
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k
RAM: DDR4 8GB crucial x 2 stick
Motherboard: MSI z390 a pro
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X (not the trio version)

I'm pluggin two pciE 6+2 (no split) into the gpu and the shutdowns happen on demanding games like Black Desert Online and Final Fantasy XIV.
In Msi afterburner temp is getting 31ºC at idle and 61ºC at high gaming.
If I play with low swttings there is no problem since the temp doesn't go higher than 41ºC I have a big noctua disipator, two big frontal fans and two auxiliar fans on the side and the top so the airflow should be no problem.

Edit: I'm checking YT videos for PSUs than runs this graphic card and it seems corsairs are the most used. if someone with a 750W or 850W corsair can confirm the performance is great so I don't buy a new PSU without a good reason.