Question WTH is wrong with my pc ?!?! shutting on and off, getting stuck on MOBO/Windows screen and more

lidorc

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2013
Hey everyone !

I had an old pc that had those problems (mainly the turning on and then off but fans running) so i replaced most of it when my old cpu died.
I replaced my MOBO, CPU,PSU, RAM. so basically i replaced most of my system, but my problems persist !
Can a failing HDD/SSD cause those problems ?
last time this happened, which was yesterday due to a power outage, the only way to fix the pc being stuck on MOBO screen was plugging out the power cord, pushing the power button for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
my current setup :
i9 9900k
Z390 Designare
Corsair 16GB 3200MHZ CL 16
Seasonic Prime Platinum 650W
2 SSDs (1x 840 evo (system on it),1xintel ssd
1 HDD - old one for basic storage (used mainly as media server)

I have been stuck with those problems for YEARS! and even after I bought new components I'm still suffering from the same issues.
Any advice on what seems to be the problem would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lidor

Hey everyone !

I had an old pc that had those problems (mainly the turning on and then off but fans running) so i replaced most of it when my old cpu died.
I replaced my MOBO, CPU,PSU, RAM. so basically i replaced most of my system, but my problems persist !
last time this happened, which was yesterday due to a power outage, the only way to fix the pc being stuck on MOBO screen was plugging out the power cord, pushing the power button for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
my current setup :
i9 9900k
Z390 Designare

I have been stuck with those problems for YEARS! and even after I bought new components I'm still suffering from the same issues.

Thanks,
Lidor
yes a dying drive can cause this but any number of things can cause this issue, since building the new system have you done a bios update and installed it's drivers?

Hey everyone !

my current setup :
i9 9900k
Z390 Designare

Thanks,
Lidor
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver