X370 Motherboard choice

Arnab_1986

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to build a Ryzen system and got stuck choosing the Motherboard due to RAM compatibility. I already have G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C16Q-16GRK, and the only Motherboard I have seen officially compatible with this is MSI X370 Carbon. But going through the review it seems that this movie has issues with vrm. So is there any better alternative that can support the aforementioned RAM. I am particularly interested if Asus hero will support the module.
My primary purpose will be programming in Python, R, SAS etc. with huge datasets (at least huge for a PC) and secondarily moderate gaming and photoshop. And I'm looking for safe over clocking capability, durability and thermal stability.
Thanks in advance.

Only motherboard I know that officially tested that specific G.Skill RAM kit (F4-2800C16Q-16GRK) is the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 (Gigabyte's flagship motherboard for AMD Ryzen). See page 2, 4th line from bottom of Gigabyte's QVL here: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-ax370-gaming-k7.pdf

In said QVL (dated 2017/08/09), it specifically states that your 2800MHz RAM speed will downgrade to 2666MHz. However, note that most mobo's QVL *might* not be updated based on recent BIOS changes for DDR compatibility (such as the Gaming K7's 2017/09/xx BIOS updates, a month after the publishing of the QVL). So, it *may* also be that your preferred Asus Crosshair VI Hero *might* support your RAM kit too.

I haven't personally used nor tested those aformentioned components.

Arnab_1986

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
Thanks for the info. I did a bit digging on the K7 and on the basis of the reviews, it seems that this Mobo has some problems with it's bios and cmos clearing causing bsod. Similar scenario with MSI Carbon. So I am a bit reluctant to buy either one of these mobos which officially support my RAM module. Any suggestion on this?! Thanks in advance.