[SOLVED] x470 gigabyte aorus ultra gaming vs x470 MSI gaming plus. what is best for ryzen 2700?

beny1000

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
hi!
im thinking about buying one of these 2 boards and im not sure what to get. i hear good things about overclocking on the msi but the gigabyte has very good audio. etc. i plan on ocing my 2700 to 4ghz and im very picky with audio. i also am running 5 fans in my computer and i think the gigabyte has more headers. also the msi is butt ugly. im sort of swaying towards the gigabyte but does anyone know anything i dont about these two boards? does one have a better thermal design or better vrms? better ethernet controllers etc. is there anything good or bad about these boards that should make me buy one or make me stay far away from the other one?
also the msi gaming pro is only 5 bucks more at the moment. is it worth the extra 5?

thanks!

Solution
I would get the Gigabyte over the MSI, unfortunately the MSI bios are very unconsistent and their oc options are not as good as Asus or asrock.
Another good choice if you can get is the X470 Taichi, the Taichi line has been highly praised in the overclocking community since the X370 series.

ohenryy

Honorable
I would get the Gigabyte over the MSI, unfortunately the MSI bios are very unconsistent and their oc options are not as good as Asus or asrock.
Another good choice if you can get is the X470 Taichi, the Taichi line has been highly praised in the overclocking community since the X370 series.

Solution