[SOLVED] X570 compatibilty

Jul 11, 2020
Im seeing alot of people talk about this and i wanna make sure i dont blow up my house. Im buying an ASUS TUF X570 gaming MOBO however i see people taling about the use of the extra 4 pin 12 volt power that is needed, and people sayjng that only if u are going to heavily OC the cpu(ryzen 5 3600) then i wwould need to utilize it. So i am becomjng confused now as to which power suply and can use that wont break the bank as i am building this PC on a budget.

Any suggestiins or comments to thjs would be greatful.

Thanks

Solution
You should be fine with just using the 8 pin EPS connector. Most pc builds have enough with a 550watt psu, kinda depends on the gpu, so what gpu in this build?

For budget would a Corsair CX 550watt usually do fine. There's a PSU Tier list that maybe can help with other choices for you since not knowing what is available to you,

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You should be fine with just using the 8 pin EPS connector. Most pc builds have enough with a 550watt psu, kinda depends on the gpu, so what gpu in this build?

For budget would a Corsair CX 550watt usually do fine. There's a PSU Tier list that maybe can help with other choices for you since not knowing what is available to you,

Reactions: Navindra91
Solution
IMHO too many people are talking about it Someone needs to make a video.

It really depends on the CPU. Right now, the ONLY RYZEN CPU that needs more than a single 8-pin is the Threadripper. That is, unless you're SERIOUSLY overclocking that Ryzen 5 3600 (like over 4300 MHz).

If the PC works with just the 8-pin, then that's it. You're good.

If the PC does not work with one, use two. But this is very, very rare.

I know some idiot SI's in China that will take the existing single EPS12V and split it into two using a splitter, This is dumb because you're not actually able to draw any more power from the PSU. You're drawing the same amount of the PSU and putting the same amount of stress on the PSU. You're just adding a couple additional potential points of failure. And if the board DOES need two have both connectors populated and you use that adapter, then you're really in for trouble because now you're exceeding the spec for the power supply!

I have used pigtail EPS12V cables before (where there's a second EPS12V on the cable about 10cm from the first), but these ALWAYS have 16g wire. You'll find 99% of the time that your single EPS12V cable is only 18g wire. Even on the best PSUs.

Reactions: Navindra91
Jul 11, 2020

Im goin with either a 2060 or 2060 super. The list pf parts im using ate as follows,
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus tuf 570 wifi
Asus 2060 or 2060 super (u decided bases on budget.)
16 gb corsair vengence ram
Corsair icue220t case
For the moat part i was using pcpartpicker.com and kept getting that notice when i went for any power supple under 850watts.

Jul 11, 2020
So.. Both of us have told you that you don't need the additional 4-pin connector, but you're still going to ignore us and insist on a PSU that has one (which is typically an 850W and up PSU)?
He asked if i was inputing something wromg in pcpartpicker, somi told him what it said. I wasnt ignoring wwhat you guys told me, was just saying what the site was tellin me.. :/