[SOLVED] X570 Master won’t POST dual channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2020
Aorus X570 Master
Ryzen 9 3900
GSkill TridentZ Neo 32x2 3600

Won’t POST. Tried Corsair 32x2 and wouldn’t post. Switched to GSkill (compatible per GSkill website) and still won’t post in Dual.

It DOES post when stick(s) are in A1 and/or A2. As soon as stick goes into either B, no dice.

Updated BIOS with sticks in A1/A2 config. Tried the “loosening” of cooler, CMOS battery, etc.

For what it’s work RGB lights up with brilliant rage in all four DIMM slots.

At a loss here. RMA?

Solution
Ryzen uses A2 as the master slot, B2 is the pairing. A1 and B1 are secondary slots. They will usually cap out @ 2400MHz-2666MHz, depending on the cpu.

Turn the xmp off and try the sticks in A2/B2, they should default to 2666MHz at 1.2v. Running 3600MHz will normally require 1.35v. I've not seen 3600 run at anything less although there are probably exceptions.

Some motherboards and ram and cpus combos still do not like xmp settings, it's just a quirk of amd. You may need to write down the xmp settings and manually install them.
Aorus X570 Master
Ryzen 9 3900
GSkill TridentZ Neo 32x2 3600

Won’t POST. Tried Corsair 32x2 and wouldn’t post. Switched to GSkill (compatible per GSkill website) and still won’t post in Dual.

It DOES post when stick(s) are in A1 and/or A2. As soon as stick goes into either B, no dice.

Updated BIOS with sticks in A1/A2 config. Tried the “loosening” of cooler, CMOS battery, etc.

For what it’s work RGB lights up with brilliant rage in all four DIMM slots.

At a loss here. RMA?
Have you tried in A2 and B2 slots ?

Reactions: tBlaineDavis
Nov 2, 2020
Reseated CPU, as far as I can tell no bent pins. Cooler seems affixed but not overly tight.
Cleared CMOS.

Tried A2/B2, A1/B1.
Will POST if a stick is in either A.
Won’t POST if a stick is in either B.

Got an email out to Gigabyte right now. But by golly I can’t figure why it won’t play nice with the B channel short of a bum mb.

Haven’t messed with RAM voltage yet; running at the factory 1.2v right now.

Been reading about many a dual channel problem with these boards.

I feel there is an idiot button I’m not pressing. Haha. If so I’ll be an idiot, I just want to press the button!

Nov 2, 2020
1.2V is the recommended manufacturer voltage.

Update: Sent board back to Amazon and got replacement. Same exact issue persists. So I feel confident it is not a board issue. Same mb code and everything.

Tried out of box BIOS. No dice. Flashed to F30 today. Nada. My next guesses are something faulty in the CPU memory controller architecture (again no bent pins) or a BIOS issue. Was hoping someone running 32x2 3600 DIMM on an Aorus x570 Master with a AMD Ryzen CPU and 1) was making it work somehow; or 2) discovered something I'm missing.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen uses A2 as the master slot, B2 is the pairing. A1 and B1 are secondary slots. They will usually cap out @ 2400MHz-2666MHz, depending on the cpu.

Turn the xmp off and try the sticks in A2/B2, they should default to 2666MHz at 1.2v. Running 3600MHz will normally require 1.35v. I've not seen 3600 run at anything less although there are probably exceptions.

Some motherboards and ram and cpus combos still do not like xmp settings, it's just a quirk of amd. You may need to write down the xmp settings and manually install them.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Aug 28, 2023
Thanks for the tips. My issue turned out to be a bent pin. I was able to gently bend it back into place and resolve my issue. I was able to boot with all memory modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS