Question X570 motherboard cpu compability

Dec 8, 2019
Hi all,

I've currently just built my first system in over 7/8 years . I'm having an issue with my pc not even booting or spinning . Parts bought are

MSI x570 gaming plus
MSI geforce 2070 super 8gb
Vengeance 2x8gb 2666
Corsair 650w psu

I've currently got an amd 1800x and the motherboard I bought was an x570 MSI gaming plus . I'm beginning to realise that the x570 doesn't support 1st gen chips .

Could this be my issue? I've currently got everything plugged back into my old motherboard which is compatible with the and 1800x. It's the only thing I can think of .

no, first gen ryzen is not compatiable with x570 boards.

nothing you can do about it, althought maybe you can find cracked bios on the internet that do allow it
like how you can run 8th gen intel on some specific z170 and z270 boards with special modified bios

but i doubt youll find any.

anyhow, return the board or get a new cpu.

Dec 8, 2019
no, first gen ryzen is not compatiable with x570 boards.

nothing you can do about it, althought maybe you can find cracked bios on the internet that do allow it
like how you can run 8th gen intel on some specific z170 and z270 boards with special modified bios

but i doubt youll find any.

anyhow, return the board or get a new cpu.

I did think that but I wanted to double check since I'm not exactly clued up on everything . I have a new processor the 3600x coming tomorrow and will set everything back up . Thank you for replying .

Dec 8, 2019
No problemo
i wasnt sure either, so i checked
just look at ryzen cpu mobo compatiablity list and look at photos, it should be a slide from the ryzen 3000 launch.

I had seen it before I posted but I wasn't sure if there was maybe a backwards compatibility. It's all good though , new processor should be arriving today . Thanks again.