[SOLVED] X570 Overclocking question.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
I'm currently looking for a X570 board to do some overclocking with the Ryzen 9 3900X. Within the $300 limit?
Beefy board, beefy VRMs?

Solution
I'm currently looking for a X570 board to do some overclocking with the Ryzen 9 3900X. Within the $300 limit?
Beefy board, beefy VRMs?
Overclocking in the traditional sense is not going to get you much unless you don't mind watching your CPU fade away. Most experienced overclockers who've been doing it since launch are now strongly advising not to go over 1.2V fixed VCore which severely limits the clock speed.

Instead you overclock memory and infinity fabric while finding a PBO setting to unleash your processor in both light and heavy threaded processing loads. There are quite a few B450 boards that can do that even with a 3900X for well under $150. But if you can wait a bit the X570 Tomahawk will be launching at the...
Beefy board, beefy VRMs?
Overclocking in the traditional sense is not going to get you much unless you don't mind watching your CPU fade away. Most experienced overclockers who've been doing it since launch are now strongly advising not to go over 1.2V fixed VCore which severely limits the clock speed.

Instead you overclock memory and infinity fabric while finding a PBO setting to unleash your processor in both light and heavy threaded processing loads. There are quite a few B450 boards that can do that even with a 3900X for well under $150. But if you can wait a bit the X570 Tomahawk will be launching at the $200 price range that looks like monster.

Solution
Feb 17, 2020
I agree msi over gigabyte, I was considering the master but looking at many forums people are having far too many issues on that board. I've found that msi is one of the most stable boards I've owned in the past 20 years I've owned most makers also..good luck

Reactions: drivinfast247